• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New features wish list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Since neither auto-ban nor autoban are in the dictionary we're free to spell it as we like. (Autoban is in the Urban Dictionary but it means something else - and oddly for the Urban Dictionary, quite innocuous).
    As "autoban" is not in the dictionary, the correct from is "auto-ban". You will find "auto-" in the dictionary. You are of course free to be wrong, if you are concerned that your liberty is under threat.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Auto-ban of cretins who post thread titles with spelling mistakes.
      Even if they are drunk?

It will be my undoing.

Comment

Allow anonymous posting

Instead of banning soockies only allow them to post in the Brexit forum
        Last edited by BlueSharp; 4 November 2020, 10:20.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Turn all the avatars into ladies' bottom pics just to annoy NAT.

Are you sure that "annoying NAT" is your reason for this request?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A proximity sensor built into the app, that alerts you when you are within x metres of another poster.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              A proximity sensor built into the app, that alerts you when you are within x metres of another poster.
              Miles would be more useful

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Miles would be more useful
                +1 - I either know the poster so I'm probably heading to see them or I don't know them in which case I would prefer to be miles away.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I was using another forum powered by Invision Community, and was delighted that when someone replied to an old post, their post was prefixed with

5 months later...

Can we have that please?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I was using another forum powered by Invision Community, and was delighted that when someone replied to an old post, their post was prefixed with

5 months later...

Can we have that please?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      As "autoban" is not in the dictionary, the correct from is "auto-ban". You will find "auto-" in the dictionary. You are of course free to be wrong, if you are concerned that your liberty is under threat.

HTH
                      Not in dictionary? What about that song "Bahn bahn bahn on the autobahn" Or are you spelling it wrong?

Kraftwerk- Autobahn - YouTube
                      Last edited by xoggoth; 12 November 2020, 18:21.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X