• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New forum testing

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cockroach

help TPD is broken!!!

vb56.contractoruk.com/forums/light-relief/4465-test-please-delete.html

just hangs for me.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Yes, I'm investigating that; if you try reloading a few times it'll end up loading, so I suspect there's some kind of timeout happening somewhere.

Comment

New Feature Request

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Would you please add a cap doffing emoji to the new forum?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        You'll have to run that past admin - he's the one who gets to rule on smilies
        Dear Admin, would you please add a new smiley so that we can doff our caps / give a hat tip? Nice to give postive reinforcement rather than just calling everyone a

Do I pay the fiver to NLyUK like usual?

Comment

Can anyone fix the ssl certificate issue or is it supposed to work this way?
          Once a week I get 3 warnings before being able to access the forum. It might keep a lot of the newbies away. If some of the information is conflicting just make it private and we can all blab in privacy.

Comment

Is Tay unbanned?

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
              Can anyone fix the ssl certificate issue or is it supposed to work this way?
              Once a week I get 3 warnings before being able to access the forum. It might keep a lot of the newbies away. If some of the information is conflicting just make it private and we can all blab in privacy.
              I assume you're referring to the current forum, as there isn't any SSL on the testing one; I'll ping admin to prompt him to have a look, though probably not until next week now

Comment

I've noticed this when clicking old links to forums.contractoruk.com vs. contractoruk.com/forums. I assume this is because the former is missing from the subject alternative names field of the server certificate (not really an IT geek, so could be off-base ).

Comment

Those of you testing the new forum: all of your avatars should now be appearing as expected

Comment

Is this the new forum?

Like all current website 'upgrades', everything just looks a bit more bloated, requiring far more vertical scrolling than in times past...

Lloyds bank just did another upgrade and even on a large screen, it's like drawing with a child's large wax crayon. Is this current trend something to do with more people reading via phones or some such?

Comment

EDIT : Oops, wrong page.

Can we cut down the amount of mandatory blank space for each post? ATM one liners take up as much room as war and peace meaning you have to scroll far more to read threads.

Interestingly the "Previously on..." summary underneath the new post editing window displays existing posts without the extra padding.
                      Last edited by DaveB; 21 February 2021, 17:21.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X