• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has there been a discussion about the Great Reset?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    EU and China vs Trump, Brexit Britain and Putin
    One down, two to go.

(May even be two down if the rumours about Putin are to be believed.)
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

What a nutjob!
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

<tin hat on>
        It was likely to have been released as weapon by China to weaken the West. For a totalitarian system it is just a challange, for the western culture where it relies on own will. It is Achille’s heel. Where freedom is considered core value...

Or the debilitating financial system needed an excuse for the population not to go bunkers and put guillotines in city centeres and have a civil war accross continents when they realize that some people can’t just help it, ‘08 just returned and we are lead by crooks.

They’ll probably get through it with high inflation and eroding the debt of the haves while the have nota are given a bone from time to time. But keeping the haves and some part of middle class happy is paramount for things not to escalate.

I am a millenial and I’ve lost all will be a productive memeber of society if it means slaving away every day without a place of my own or possibility to retire. I can go live in woods while I am still healthy.
        It’s not long before we’ll have plenty of people thinking like me and it will be a problem to get them to trust the system back again.
        Last edited by GigiBronz; 7 November 2020, 12:26.

Comment

I suppose those theories offer comfort to some who they themselves are unable to relationalise what is happening around them. Isn't that how religions take hold?

Reset or not, ever fiat currency in history has failed. Sometimes we just change the name and pretend it is the same thing.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I suppose those theories offer comfort to some who they themselves are unable to relationalise what is happening around them. Isn't that how religions take hold?

Reset or not, ever fiat currency in history has failed. Sometimes we just change the name and pretend it is the same thing.
            Give it a rest fella. No one cares, you're like a stuck record.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
              <tin hat on>
              It was likely to have been released as weapon by China to weaken the West. For a totalitarian system it is just a challange, for the western culture where it relies on own will. It is Achille’s heel. Where freedom is considered core value...

Or the debilitating financial system needed an excuse for the population not to go bunkers and put guillotines in city centeres and have a civil war accross continents when they realize that some people can’t just help it, ‘08 just returned and we are lead by crooks.

They’ll probably get through it with high inflation and eroding the debt of the haves while the have nota are given a bone from time to time. But keeping the haves and some part of middle class happy is paramount for things not to escalate.

I am a millenial and I’ve lost all will be a productive memeber of society if it means slaving away every day without a place of my own or possibility to retire. I can go live in woods while I am still healthy.
              It’s not long before we’ll have plenty of people thinking like me and it will be a problem to get them to trust the system back again.
              Many are 'middle class' through debt raising them out of poverty. Cheap debt based freedom to buy stuff.

The lockdowns, and no real end in sight with or without a vaccine, is making plenty of people re-evaluate what's important and what they want out of life. So if this is the elite's idea of a big reset they may have chosen the wrong approach.

So on one hand there are those that want the old way to persist, whether they be the troughers or those that like the superficial life (all appearance and no substance, from fake people (rubber lips and tits) to fake wealth) and on the other those that want a roll-back to something more sustainable and balanced.

Hopefully when it comes to pick a side that it's not as close a call as both brexit and US Presidential election have been where a near equal split just means half the people are well put out, and that amount of opposition can cause big problems.

For now, choose your own big reset while there is the freedom to.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
              X