• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best plant based / meat free burgers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best plant based / meat free burgers?

Anyone got an opinion the best tasting meat free burgers?

I'm going vegetarian and do like the taste of a tasty burger. There seems to be a lot of choice now on this front (fake meat).
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

I haven't tried them for a while but the Linda McCartney brand used to be good.

I personally don't understand why vegetarian/vegan food keeps trying so hard to emulate the taste and texture of meat. Surely a key point of going meat free is to get away from that?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I haven't tried them for a while but the Linda McCartney brand used to be good.

I personally don't understand why vegetarian/vegan food keeps trying so hard to emulate the taste and texture of meat. Surely a key point of going meat free is to get away from that?
      It depends on why you are going meat free.

For some it is about factory farming or other ecological concerns not about animal rights.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I like the taste of meat, but am doing everything I can to combat climate change and reduce the exploitation of animals.

Environmental impact of meat production - Wikipedia

And factory farming and its links to zoonotic diseases.
        Last edited by _V_; 7 November 2020, 15:30.

Comment

Try locust burgers then.
          they're supposedly nutricious and delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Try locust burgers then.
            they're supposedly nutricious and delicious.
            Edible insects set to be approved by EU in 'breakthrough moment' | Environment | The Guardian

Comment

I've had loads...Beyond are the best IMO.

Beyond Burger(R) - Beyond Meat - Go Beyond(R)

Comment

Can't always guarantee such things are meat free.....

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I wonder if in the long term cultured meat i.e. grown in a lab, will become the most popular alternative to animal meat?

I can’t see mass consumption of whole insects in dishes really taking off but I could as a ground meal ingredient in dishes.

Comment

I highly recommend Crompton's Veggie Burgers.

Comment

Working...
                    X