• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now finally we know WTFH's public persona :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now finally we know WTFH's public persona :)

NIGEL FARAGE: Stop being so pious, pay road tax - and obey the rules like us motorists | Daily Mail Online

Cycling used to be an innocent childhood pastime – a chance to see the world and enjoy a first taste of freedom. Many of us wish it had stayed that way.Today, cycling is an exploding craze, a macho, high-speed hobby bringing town-centre traffic to a stop and turning the roads near my home into a velodrome.
    It is creating frustration and anger in millions of people simply trying to go about their business.
    Country lanes are commandeered by self-righteous platoons of middle-aged men in tight-fitting costumes.
    He hides it well.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Agree with him. So many on the roads at present and mostly men. Don't mind being behind ladies in tight lycra so much.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Agree with him. So many on the roads at present and mostly men. Don't mind being behind ladies in tight lycra so much.

You need to get round our way, when I pop over near Eton there are some gorgeous lycra girls around on bikes. Sunday morning is good.

But its just that driving back yesterday from Park Royal a couple of cycles slowly going up the hill so I put on my indicator in good time to pull out an give them a whole lane to overtake so they decided to speed up as I pulled out. Committed I had to sneak back in just before an island still room but it wasn't as comfortable as I would like.

Plenty of cyclists out there who can't afford £1 lights and only dress in black who want to become bonnet ornaments.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Cyclists and horses are what the kill button on a bike was made for

Comment

<yawn> There is no such thing as road tax. It's an emissions tax, hence why electric cars don't pay either. Feck-wit.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It's vehicle excise duty. Charged/paid according to CO2 emissions.

Comment

It’s a tax on a motor vehicle - does not matter what politicians choose to call it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It’s a tax on a motor vehicle - does not matter what politicians choose to call it
                But it's not because electric motor cars (currently) don't pay it - well, technically they are zero rated but same principle. This is despite these cars still causing damage to roads the same as other vehicles, taking up space, and hence adding to the cause of traffic jams.

Take 50% of vehicles off the road and there will be virtually no traffic problems. Take 100% of cyclists off the road and the roads will still be full. Therefore, the problem is not with cyclists.

As with all entrenched views though, logic is ignored and the problems must be being caused by 'them' and not 'us'

Comment

0% rate of VAT does not mean product is not VATable

Same here - for NOW road tax on electric cars is 0, but that’s not for long - now on bicycles there is actually no road tax requirement at all

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    0% rate of VAT does not mean product is not VATable

Same here - for NOW road tax on electric cars is 0, but that’s not for long - now on bicycles there is actually no road tax requirement at all
                    Bikes don't cause CO2 or similar emissions, and they don't damage the road surfaces. Pretty similar to walkers/joggers don't get taxed for walking on the footpath

Comment

Working...
                    X