• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bugger I must be getting old!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You get buggered when you are old ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      You get buggered when you are old ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Yeah, older sphincters are more relaxed making it easier

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Yeah, older sphincters are more relaxed making it easier

Blimey just spat my coffee out that was lower than I thought of going.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Never trust a fart when you're over 40.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            IIRC mine were around £1,600 - £1,700. They're from the SpecSavers Advance range, CIC (completely in canal), and at the time were one down from the most expensive ones. In reality, SpecSavers don't make them; they're made by Widex.

One tip is to get an NHS checkup too, as although it takes months before you'll actually be tested, it's free. Don't tell them about the fancy ones you've got privately, and they'll give you a pair of NHS ones (which will be programmed to suit your actual hearing profile, just like the fancy ones). Then you have the NHS ones in reserve just in case the fancy ones need to go in to be repaired or something
            Good idea about the nhs ones....

Yeh I saw specsavers did about 5-6 different "ranges". Did wonder what the difference was?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Never trust a fart when you're over 40.
              Made me think of the weight loss stuff I had off the GP a good few years ago.....

I think I shat myself about 3 times in the first week. Never again...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Good idea about the nhs ones....

Yeh I saw specsavers did about 5-6 different "ranges". Did wonder what the difference was?
                Lots. They all make things a bit louder. Most will allow which frequencies are made louder, so you fill in the gaps in the hearing curve (like mine, where I lose high frequency sounds while not having lost any hearing volume). Some add Bluetooth (useful, since apart from the app to control them you can also use them as earbuds for your phone and car). Some add noise cancellation (a feature I should have paid for in hindsight). Size is also a factor in cost - in ear more expensive than the rest

I went for the mid-range Phonak behind the ear pair for around £1600.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  I did ask the audiologist how long the batteries lasted. "That rather depends how much you listen" she replied.... At work, wearing them roughly 14 hours a day, they would last 3-4 days roughly, or about a week of more casual use.
                  So the batteries last 10 times longer in mens hearing aids than womens apparently?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Lots. They all make things a bit louder. Most will allow which frequencies are made louder, so you fill in the gaps in the hearing curve (like mine, where I lose high frequency sounds while not having lost any hearing volume). Some add Bluetooth (useful, since apart from the app to control them you can also use them as earbuds for your phone and car). Some add noise cancellation (a feature I should have paid for in hindsight). Size is also a factor in cost - in ear more expensive than the rest

I went for the mid-range Phonak behind the ear pair for around £1600.
                    well complicated it seems

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      well complicated it seems
                      Not really. The audiologist should be able to draw a graph of your hearing against the perfect result, and so show what bits you are missing. Simply making things louder doesn't work, you have to get your graph as close as you can to the ideal. So you want something that can program out those gpas by amplifying the missing frequency ranges.

Bluetooth is bloody useful.

Battery as opposed to rechargeable.

I went with the Phonak Audeo Marvel M70 pair. YMMV...
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X