Bugger I must be getting old! Bugger I must be getting old!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 33

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Default Bugger I must be getting old!

Had a hearing test Saturday. Failed.... Minor/Medium hearing loss.

Must be getting old. Not cheap these hearing aids mind are they?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

My post count is Majestic

SueEllen is always on top

Sorry...can't hear you....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Double Godlike!

malvolio - scorchio!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

You don't realise how bad your hearing is until you get hearing aids. And no, they aren't cheap but they are very clever.

Phonak are good: mine are Bluetooth enabled so they act as ear buds for the phone, including phone calls and have noise cancellation. But that apart they are very good at sorting out what to filter - in my case I can hear perfectly well but not at higher frequencies, for example, so they are prgrammed to fill in the gaps.
    Blog? What blog...?

Contractor Among Contractors

Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Phonak are good: mine are Bluetooth enabled so they act as ear buds for the phone, including phone calls and have noise cancellation. But that apart they are very good at sorting out what to filter - in my case I can hear perfectly well but not at higher frequencies, for example, so they are prgrammed to fill in the gaps.
    I hope you realise that if you're not in a 5G area, those are an alternative way for the way our lizards overlords to give you Covid.

Double Godlike!

malvolio - scorchio!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    I hope you realise that if you're not in a 5G area, those are an alternative way for the way our lizards overlords to give you Covid.
    I quite like being ruled by lizards. It makes for a much quieter life.

And anyway, I live very close to Glastonbury. There is no escape anyway. (Seriously. You should read some of the stuff on the locals' Facebook pages!)
    Blog? What blog...?

Godlike

DoctorStrangelove has reached the peak. Play again?

Are our Lizard Overlords in any need of a supply of Cobalt Thorium G?

Just askin' like.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Sorry...can't hear you....
    No thanks. I just had a cup.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

I got mine just over a couple of years ago, having been found to have some high-frequency hearing loss that was described as "typical for a man of your age"

It takes a little while to get used to them, but it's well worth it. And I expect my upstairs and downstairs neighbours appreciate the fact that, as far as I can tell, I now have the telly at a volume low enough that someone with normal hearing might find it a bit too quiet, while I find it absolutely fine

They are a bit pricey though. I got mine from Specsavers, and it included a two year supply of batteries which, as I don't use the aids much when I'm at home during the day, looks like it'll last me three years or more (they give you vouchers to collect boxes of new ones from their shops as and when you need them, and I've been back for a couple of boxes just once so far).

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    I got mine just over a couple of years ago, having been found to have some high-frequency hearing loss that was described as "typical for a man of your age"

It takes a little while to get used to them, but it's well worth it. And I expect my upstairs and downstairs neighbours appreciate the fact that, as far as I can tell, I now have the telly at a volume low enough that someone with normal hearing might find it a bit too quiet, while I find it absolutely fine

They are a bit pricey though. I got mine from Specsavers, and it included a two year supply of batteries which, as I don't use the aids much when I'm at home during the day, looks like it'll last me three years or more (they give you vouchers to collect boxes of new ones from their shops as and when you need them, and I've been back for a couple of boxes just once so far).
    Yeh specsavers I went for the hearing test.

They gave me the leaflet with prices for standard, elite, premium etc etc. All confusing.....

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    You don't realise how bad your hearing is until you get hearing aids. And no, they aren't cheap but they are very clever.

Well to be honest, the mrs used to moan I had the TV too loud so thought better had....
    No chance I'm getting the NHS ones so its a case of what to pick now.

My old man whos in his 80s has got the NHS ones and they are crap. He can't hear a thing, can't use the phone at all, its awful. Of course, hes of the generation, NHS free paid taxes all my life, not paying for some. Its a recurring theme with a lot of parents I guess when hes sitting on a massive savings pot hes never going to spend and he won;t spend £1500 on hearing aids to help himself.