• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom: There is a cure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Okay sure, the millions of little towns and villages in remote places on the earth have no worries then.
    You know, sometimes it's wisest to let a topic drop once you've been proven wrong rather than insist on belabouring the point to your own embarrassment. A bit like Donald and the election.

This is merely logistics. Logistics is something people are good at solving - like mass-production, distribution requires a lot of smarts and a lot of money but that is a resourcing problem and not actually difficult.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      How much money is in the Polio and measles vaccines?

That's what the likes of the Gates Foundation is for.
      Would be a lot more money for vaccine from the stupidity, but that group very closely mirrors anti-vxers.

I guess they’ll have to add it to the water supply...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        How much money is in the Polio and measles vaccines?

That's what the likes of the Gates Foundation is for.

You know the first M in MMR is for Measles?

MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine - NHS

so every child gets it. I assume the NHS pays a sustainable amount for it.

Polio is part of NHS childhood vaccination so millions of doses a year.

Polio
        - NHS

Pretty sure the Gates foundation would have negotiated a discount because its for LDCs. But yes they have vaccinated millions more.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No, not every child gets it - thanks to anti-vaxxer fookwits, and thanks to social media firms allowing them to spread lies that kill

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            With 90% efficiency we might need just 60%

Those under most risk (age, comorbidities) are going to be more likely to take it

And in some countries those who don’t take vaccine might find their job prospects go down
            There's no information (yet) as to whether the 90% covers all ages/comorbidities or whether the vaccine more effective in a subset of demographics, but I agree those people would be more likely to take it.

I still think a significant % of the population won't voluntarily do so until its been in circulation for a while.
            Last edited by Paralytic; 9 November 2020, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              There's no information (yet) as to whether the 90% covers all ages/comorbidities or whether the vaccine more effective in a subset of demographics.
              If 90% efficacy results in infections being neutralised (so preventing further transmission, not just avoiding Covid) then mass vaccination of younger groups will have great effect to stopping this tulip altogether

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                If 90% efficacy results in infections being neutralised (so preventing further transmission, not just avoiding Covid) then mass vaccination of younger groups will have great effect to stopping this tulip altogether
                Agreed. But getting mass vaccination of younger groups is where I believe the challenge will be, certainly for the first few months after any vaccine becomes readily available. I find it difficult to believe that a rollout at school level (cf. MMR) will be up and running even next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  Agreed. But getting mass vaccination of younger groups is where I believe the challenge will be, certainly for the first few months after any vaccine becomes readily available. I find it difficult to believe that a rollout at school level (cf. MMR) will be up and running even next year.
                  Younger group is mid next year at best, pay £250 to get vaccinated

For UK eradication of Covid should be the strategy - no external visitors without vaccination and test before and after arrival.

No jobs for those who refuse to take vaccine - cut Nhs cover too

Comment

Wow, not really a practical vaccine is it?
                    Plenty of logistical issues in getting a covid-19 vaccine around the globe.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

It's getting deeper. Well done.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X