Another Dinosaur Opens His Big Mouth... Another Dinosaur Opens His Big Mouth... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 25 of 25

My post count is Majestic

SueEllen is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Nice anecdote, got any references? Nothing to do with South Asian culture and its disposition to cricket etc.

No elite football club can afford to be "racist", even Russian clubs don't give a crap if you're white, brown, black or purple (the fans are something else).
    Asian footballers call out 'systemic racism' in grassroots football - BBC Sport

BBC Asian Network - Nihal, Sporting Bengal - East London's Asian football club

Oh and stop stating the sterotype that South Asian's prefer cricket as you are showing you are a dinosaur too - When will a footballer of South Asian origin play for England's senior team? - BBC Three
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Fingers like lightning

TheGreenBastard is NOT a disguised employee

I don't buy the individual anecdotes in terms of professional football, they just don't care at that level. That isn't to say the individual racism inflicted on them isn't very real.

I come from a northern mill town, South Asians I knew certainly loved their cricket, that's my anecdote, my observation.

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    I don't buy the individual anecdotes in terms of professional football, they just don't care at that level. That isn't to say the individual racism inflicted on them isn't very real.

I come from a northern mill town, South Asians I knew certainly loved their cricket, that's my anecdote, my observation.
    My experience in a northern town too. Cricket doesn’t really become a thing until high school at which point the Pakistani and Indian lads we played football with switched choice of sports. We asked a couple of them why (they still enjoyed casual seven a side matches) and a large part was parental expectation. Wasim Akram was doing wonders for Lancashire at that point so it was easy to see why they would want to give cricket a go, no more than baseball would be a tough sell to any of us if we were to move to the USA I suppose.
    Last edited by LondonManc; 12th November 2020 at 00:14.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

How is calling themselves Sporting Bengal helping integration and equality? I never get why people do this.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    My experience in a northern town too. Cricket does really become a thing until high school at which point the Pakistani and Indian lads we played football with switched choice of sports. We asked a couple of them why (they still enjoyed casual seven a side matches) and a large part was parental expectation. Wasim Akram was doing wonders for Lancashire at that point so it was easy to see why they would want to give cricket a go, no more than baseball would be a tough sell to any of us if we were to move to the USA I suppose.
    Absolutely which is why much of what is going on is down to culture not race.. but god help anyone that tries to point that out in a debate.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!