• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good ban

Croydon Council bans spending under Section 114 notice - BBC News

It doesn’t surprise me. Local government aren’t the best businesses people. Too many vanity projects get signed off.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      It doesn’t surprise me. Local government aren’t the best businesses people. Too many vanity projects get signed off.
      As an ex-Robin Hood Energy customer I agree with that statement.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Spelthorne Borough Council and their office space?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Croydon regularly appears in PE rotten boroughs, their housing scheme is more than a little corrupt. And don't mention hotel purchases.

Comment

Is that the same council that build three council houses at cost £68,000,000 each when only £350,000 were land and building costs and the remainder was spent on consultation?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Is that the same council that build three council houses at cost £68,000,000 each when only £350,000 were land and building costs and the remainder was spent on consultation?
              Well, you’d be surprised how much it costs these days to build brand new, compliant with all current red tape regulations hard deep underground nuclear bunkers for the councillors.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Well, you’d be surprised how much it costs these days to build brand new, compliant with all current red tape regulations hard deep underground nuclear bunkers for the councillors.
                I think you need to show how you love your adopted country by getting into politics. Remember you don't have to stay in your own city if your grease the right hands.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I think you need to show how you love your adopted country by getting into politics. Remember you don't have to stay in your own city if your grease the right hands.
                  This time next year...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Spelthorne Borough Council and their office space?
                    Never heard of them. Thinking more about councils who spend shedloads on flowerbeds where only a few people visit but would probably ruin their vehicles on the countless potholes in the roads.

Or cycle lanes that suddenly stop because they'd not considered where they were going.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X