• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: ministrone was right!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Each injection takes 15 minutes?
    It might do, you could get the non-dart player...

(Bullseye joke, for those old enough)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Oh well its St John stabbing you now.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Good luck with that. As a contractor I moved around so much I haven't been registered with a GP since I was a teen. Can't catch me if you don't know where I am.
        Good point. I've only registered in the last decade or so (when bits of me stopped working or started falling off ) and if you don't use the surgery for a certain period, they can strike you off. I bet there are millions who aren't on a GP list.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          ... if you don't use the surgery for a certain period, they can strike you off...
          Based on what?

It's in a GP's best interest to have people on their books. They get allocated funding based on the number of patients.

But if you've got anything more than a DW article, or anecdotal evidence, please let us know.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Based on what?

It's in a GP's best interest to have people on their books. They get allocated funding based on the number of patients.

But if you've got anything more than a DW article, or anecdotal evidence, please let us know.
            Based on a letter I got some years ago. I asked the receptionist (she drinks in my local) about it, and she said they get audited to make sure they only have 'active' patients, to stop them keeping people on their books who may have moved away. It sounded like an NHS Trust initiative to make it look like they're saving lots of money.
            DW = Doctors Weekly? I don't read it, not even in doctors' waiting rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Based on a letter I got some years ago. I asked the receptionist (she drinks in my local) about it, and she said they get audited to make sure they only have 'active' patients, to stop them keeping people on their books who may have moved away. It sounded like an NHS Trust initiative to make it look like they're saving lots of money.
              It's because a few GPs have been caught with dead or patients who have long moved away on their books, so if you don't use the GP for a while they send you a letter to check you are still around. I've live/lived in two areas where GPs in solo or two doctor practices have been struck off, and they have all be caught doing that amongst other things....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I rather liked the story of the Doctor who used to prescribe a teaspoon of shampoo for his patients.

He'd never taken an exam in his life, but all his patients loved him.

Once they'd stopped blowing bubbles.

Here you go:

Death of bogus doctor | Bradford Telegraph and Argus

Ain't the interweb marvelous?
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 November 2020, 18:23.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Allegedly G Live in Guildford is about to be licensed as a pod. There will be 40 teams working there to start with, all must be ready by 1st December.
                  These are the instructions that have been passed down (from Handcock?).

None of the vaccines are licensed yet and the quantity that will be available is unknown, but if the teams are ready, the government will claim to have delivered on its promise of having everything in place for Christmas and that the delay is being caused by the scientists.

Comment

Allegedly the number of people employed to administer the vaccines is to ramp up from December with the current peak being in June 2021. That's when regular quantities are expected to be delivered based on certain assumptions:
                    1. At least on of the vaccines has been registered and approved for use
                    2. The purchase of the vaccines has been done in the correct manner (i.e. not using a jeweller in Miami or a pest controller in Littlehampton)
                    3. The supply of the vaccines is not hampered by any political failures to reach agreement on the future state of cross-border trade.
                    4. The correct import (and export) licences are agreed.

Comment

I hope there will be random anti-body test coverage for all locations where vaccines get administered - for quality control.

Or is it too much to expect?

Comment

Working...
                      X