• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They won't be.

The Tories will get a new leader.

Starmer and Blackford are gunning for Sunak.

(And if Sunak gets in politics in the UK will go back to being boring like it will if Biden is president in the US. )
    Politics being boring would be a good thing for a while. It would.be nice to have people doing their jobs, thinking respectfully and intelligently about the greater good and needs of the country overall.

Oh well. Never mind.

Comment

Totally agree with that.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Politics being boring would be a good thing for a while. It would.be nice to have people doing their jobs, thinking respectfully and intelligently about the greater good and needs of the country overall.

Oh well. Never mind.
        Nonsense. People wanted a quirk PM with a bit of character about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Nonsense. People wanted a quirk PM with a bit of character about him.
          Too right. Also people want to learn new things, such as new words that they otherwise would not because they did not have priviledge to study at Eton College and Classics at Balliol College, Oxford.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oh well. Never mind.

John Major is regularly suggested as one of our best Prime ministers.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

How long till the next General Election?
              I have heard people "in the know" suggesting a General Election at some point in 2021.
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                I have heard people "in the know" suggesting a General Election at some point in 2021.
                Yeah, right after Rishi's first tax hiking budget

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  John Major is regularly suggested as one of our best Prime ministers.
                  Is that a different meaning of "best" to the usual one?

Perhaps where "best" actually means "useless cretin"?
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    Eat Out to Help Out: Rishi Sunak hints at New Year return of scheme | Daily Mail Online

So a third even bigger Covid spike, and then another round of tax rises to pay for those on furlough to get fat eating down the pub again.

How long till the next General Election?
                    The spike was not caused by the scheme. Our runaway rise in cases didn't start until weeks after the scheme finished.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                      For the first time, they'll be campaigning to lose so they don't have to deal with it.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X