• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Nicola and Katya Exit Strictly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Nicola and Katya Exit Strictly

Trigger alert for homophobes -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictly...3-a190b3af4019

Nicola Adams and Katya Jones are to leave Strictly Come Dancing after Katya tested positive for COVID-19.

Katya is asymptomatic and the pair are now self-isolating separately following the latest government guidelines. As part of the protocols outlined ahead of the series, this sadly means they will no longer be able to take part in the competition.

Nicola said, "Hey guys! I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon. I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for! But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for. She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it’s been an incredible experience. I’m gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the COVID measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I’m doing what I can to help. I’ll be spending the next 14 days isolating so I’d like to apologise in advance for the ridiculous amount of TikToks I’ll be posting, in my new found free time when I’m not gaming!"

Katya said, “Dancing with Nicola has been an absolute inspiration. She's given her all each and every week and we were so excited to create more dances in the competition. Of course, I'm devastated to leave this way but I've made a friend for life and loved every moment of this special journey. I’d like to wish good luck to all the remaining couples!"

Sarah James, Strictly Come Dancing Executive Producer said, "We are incredibly sad that these unfortunate circumstances mean that Nicola and Katya are unable to continue on Strictly. They are a brilliant partnership and had already achieved so much during their time on the show. We'd like to thank them for their commitment and although their time in the competition has sadly come to an end we are hopeful that there will be opportunities for them to dance again in the future.”

The rest of the cast are unaffected and the show will continue this Saturday night on BBC One.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

So being in an isolated bubble the virus comes from nowhere... up to girlie girlie secret no-goods
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Covid is rampart in Russia

Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        So being in an isolated bubble the virus comes from nowhere... up to girlie girlie secret no-goods
        Who knows what Katya is up to......

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Who knows what Katya is up to......
          MI5, MI6, GCHQ and her local council’s bored staff on furlough

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            MI5, MI6, GCHQ and her local council’s bored staff on furlough
            Was Neil Jones, her ex-husband, a spy and not just a dancer?

Comment

Was Neil Jones, her ex-husband, a spy and not just a dancer?
              So out of Katya and Neil, you’d suspect Neil of being a spy?

Maybe Andrew was a spy, but working on our side...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                So out of Katya and Neil, you’d suspect Neil of being a spy?

Well Sean Walsh knows SFA.

Comment

Well Sean Walsh knows SFA.

Comment

Get a room you two...

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X