• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

22 years / Scotland qualify

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    100% success rate in penalty shootouts
    Let's see if you can to the stage where that might actually be useful...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Now they have to get out of the group stage, never been done before.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Belgium 2-0 England: England fail to qualify for Nations League finals - BBC Sport
        England deliberately lose to some Belgians to give Scotland false hope...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

100% success rate in penalty shootouts
          Could that be something to do with your lot being so crap they can only kick the ball when it's not moving?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Could that be something to do with your lot being so crap they can only kick the ball when it's not moving?
            Yeah that's right. What is England's success rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Let's see if you can to the stage where that might actually be useful...
              I think needing to win to reach the finals would qualify as a useful stage? :P

Comment

I think needing to win to reach the finals would qualify as a useful stage? :P
                To be fair, the last England-Scotland game I went to was the play-off 2nd leg for the Euro 2000 finals at Wembley (the old version). You beat us 1-0, which would normally have been the cause of a week-long party in Glasgow, except we won the first leg 2-0.
                In short, there's no such thing as an easy game against Scotland, and you know both countries are going to grind to a halt when that match happens. I just hope I have a smug face on at the end...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  To be fair, the last England-Scotland game I went to was the play-off 2nd leg for the Euro 2000 finals at Wembley (the old version). You beat us 1-0, which would normally have been the cause of a week-long party in Glasgow, except we won the first leg 2-0.
                  In short, there's no such thing as an easy game against Scotland, and you know both countries are going to grind to a halt when that match happens. I just hope I have a smug face on at the end...
                  I used to go to the home internationals back in the day, weekends at the old Wembley and then the game played on the Wednesday night that Ted Croker thought would stop the Scots from travelling. It just gave us more time to drink pre-match ?

Comment

From memory, we beat Spain in Euro96 (I was there) and Colombia in Russia 2018 (I wasn't there). We tend not to do so well against Germany and Portugal. Hey ho...

Comment

England have been in eight penalty shootouts at major international tournaments (World Cup and European Championship), losing six and winning two.

25% win, it isn't great.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X