• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor tax cheats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using your own bank account is fine, I did it in the past.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I contracted in Investment Banking for over 20 years, the whole system is bent to a mind-boggling degree. I got a ring-side seat to events in 2007/8 where powerful people filled their boots in plain sight and the press essentially covered it up and a Labour government assisted the crooks.

Grow-up and forget about the small fry.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        I contracted in Investment Banking for over 20 years, the whole system is bent to a mind-boggling degree. I got a ring-side seat to events in 2007/8 where powerful people filled their boots in plain sight and the press essentially covered it up and a Labour government assisted the crooks.

Grow-up and forget about the small fry.
        Indeed and now Jacob Rees-Mogg and his mates are gaming the system. They do it on a bigger scale though.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Indeed and now Jacob Rees-Mogg and his mates are gaming the system. They do it on a bigger scale though.
          Rees-Mogg is a minnow you buffoon, you just have a hang-up because he's a Tory MP.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            They write the rules they game

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              Rees-Mogg is a minnow you buffoon, you just have a hang-up because he's a Tory MP.
              An ordinary bloke, a man of the people as they say.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                HMRC have no time for small one man contracting firms charging 300 quid a day rate. They have bigger fish to fry.
                Like nurses who used a loan scheme, after it was heavily promoted to them by their agency.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Like nurses who used a loan scheme, after it was heavily promoted to them by their agency.
                  Only after the agency did a complete runner...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NadJ View Post
                    I've just come across a right muppet and cheat who has been contracting for the last 3 years and has some how managed to get away with getting paid directly into his personal bank account. Though in theory allowed and still possible to manage your company financial lin this way, somehow I doubt he's paying the right tax.
                    ?
                    Weren't you in a scheme and not paying the right tax?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NadJ View Post
                      I've just come across a right muppet and cheat who has been contracting for the last 3 years and has some how managed to get away with getting paid directly into his personal bank account. Though in theory allowed and still possible to manage your company financial lin this way, somehow I doubt he's paying the right tax.

He's probably not the first. At the last place another guy used to insist on cheques made payable to his company which was conveniently called FIRSTNAME LASTNAME LTD and openly admitted to having the freedom to cash them wherever he likes.

My question is simple, how do these people get away with it? Don't HMRC have systems where known big agencies have to enter data about which companies they are paying so that signals can go off when those companies declare zero income? If not, why tf not?!?
                      Go Nad!

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X