Met Police Targets Met Police Targets - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    32,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Data should be used to see if some obvious abuses are happening (or not) - ie stopping same person all the time without charges filed
    The data comes from the victims suing them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  2. #12

    Fingers like lightning

    jayn200 has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Won't help anything. Look at what's going on in the states, you have incredibly diverse police forces with black police chiefs and this was all still happening under them.

    Look at george floyd incident 50% of the officers involved along with the police chief would be classified as BAME in UK. It's not going to get any more diverse than that. Maybe if there was a woman present then it wouldn't have happened? Like come on, apply a little common sense.

    It doesn't matter how diverse the police force, policy and training are what are important and what failed in that incident and what fails elsewhere.

    As a foreigner I will say you have one of the kindest and gentlest police forces in the world in the UK here anyway. I really don't think you have anything to fix.

  3. #13

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    32,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayn200 View Post
    Won't help anything. Look at what's going on in the states, you have incredibly diverse police forces with black police chiefs and this was all still happening under them.

    Look at george floyd incident 50% of the officers involved along with the police chief would be classified as BAME in UK. It's not going to get any more diverse than that. Maybe if there was a woman present then it wouldn't have happened? Like come on, apply a little common sense.

    It doesn't matter how diverse the police force, policy and training are what are important and what failed in that incident and what fails elsewhere.

    As a foreigner I will say you have one of the kindest and gentlest police forces in the world in the UK here anyway. I really don't think you have anything to fix.
    No I know kinder and gentler police forces whose members don't treat victims and witnesses as criminals.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  4. #14

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayn200 View Post
    Won't help anything. Look at what's going on in the states, you have incredibly diverse police forces with black police chiefs and this was all still happening under them.

    Look at george floyd incident 50% of the officers involved along with the police chief would be classified as BAME in UK. It's not going to get any more diverse than that. Maybe if there was a woman present then it wouldn't have happened? Like come on, apply a little common sense.

    It doesn't matter how diverse the police force, policy and training are what are important and what failed in that incident and what fails elsewhere.

    As a foreigner I will say you have one of the kindest and gentlest police forces in the world in the UK here anyway. I really don't think you have anything to fix.
    Having a nice police force is partly down to them being hamstrung about what they can do. Watching videos of police controlling lockdown in other countries was quite the eye opener.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  5. #15

    Fingers like lightning

    jayn200 has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    No I know kinder and gentler police forces whose members don't treat victims and witnesses as criminals.
    What country is that? Maybe one of the nordic countries? You are 1 of only 5 or 6 countries in the world that has a largely unarmed police force.

    The movements happening in usa are because their police force has been overly militarized. They have millions of ex armed forces coming back from their endless wars in the middle east and a large percentage of those go into policing. On top of that they have police departments buying surplus military equipment and regularly using it to police their own citizens. Combine that with a failed war on drugs and it's absolutely nothing like what happens in the UK.

    Its crazy when british people try and attach themselves to the movement thats happening in the USA. Its just not comparable.

  6. #16

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Plague Island
    Posts
    11,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post



    Do you expect competency? Remember they are a public service.
    You can even be stopped when driving for no reason. I was stopped a few years ago by a young police officer for "a routine check". After finding no fault, I asked if he had finished and if so I wanted a written record of the stop.

    He started writing it out and he asked me the required questions, the final one being "How do you describe your ethnicity". He expected me to answer "white" but instead I replied "Black". I could almost hear him squirm as he ticked the box. My revenge.
    Last edited by Paddy; 13th November 2020 at 12:18.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

  7. #17

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    37,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    I’d expect the police to record all relevant info for every search (maybe not stop without search) - computerised easily analyse-able records too.

    Is it too much to expect?

    seems to be!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  8. #18

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    37,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    You can even be stopped when driving for no reason. I was stopped a few years ago by a young police officer for "a routine check". After finding no fault, I asked if he had finished and if so I wanted a written record of the stop.

    He started writing it out and he asked me the required questions, the final one being "How do you describe your ethnicity". He expected me to answer "white" but instead I replied "Black". I could almost hear him squirm as he ticked the box. My revenge.
    Hardly helpful.

    And yes its scandalous that they do not use the data properly.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  9. #19

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    37,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Police officers claim they can't see who is driving cars. Oddly in my area they catch people crossing them at junctions or by waiting in side roads then coming out....
    If the front windows are overly tinted that is a traffic ticket or a requirement to visit an equipped MOT centre for a test and then a nice fine.

    They could probably use a piece of Paper with a greyscale and a phone to do a rough test.

    If its legal the Police need their eyes tested and words of advice from a senior officer.

    If they have decent procedures and management it is surprising how good even poorly paid staff can be.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  10. #20

    More time posting than coding

    FIERCE TANK BATTLE has more data than eek

    FIERCE TANK BATTLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Data should be used to see if some obvious abuses are happening (or not) - ie stopping same person all the time without charges filed
    What happens if minorities commit more crime though...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •