• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At long last, the trade Deal is signed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At long last, the trade Deal is signed

RCEP: Asia-Pacific countries form world's largest trading bloc weeks before the UK goes it alone in the World

RCEP: Asia-Pacific countries form world'''s largest trading bloc - BBC News
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

A trading bloc isn't the same thing as a single political entity with legal supremacy and highly questionable democracy (although if China had their way, it probably won't be long) but deep down, I'm sure you already know that...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      A trading bloc isn't the same thing as a single political entity with legal supremacy and highly questionable democracy (although if China had their way, it probably won't be long) but deep down, I'm sure you already know that...
      Classic mordy!

Comment

The RCEP agreement kills CANZUK stone dead.

Next...
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Petition . Advocate and introduce legislation promoting the free movement of citizens between the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand . Change.org
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Free movement (except it isn't universally free movement, but we'll gloss over that) was never something I had a problem with. I would even have accepted 'free movement' - with obvious tweaks - as part of a trade deal.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It's a load of pointless hot-air:

https://twitter.com/michaelxpettis/s...52196773900288

Comment

Are India in it? The BBC story doesn't make that clear.

Comment

Are India in it? The BBC story doesn't make that clear.
                  No, as the article says:

India was also part of the negotiations, but it pulled out last year over concerns that lower tariffs could hurt local producers.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                  X