• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson told to self isolate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Johnson told to self isolate

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been told to self-isolate through the NHS track and trace app after coming into contact with someone who tested positive, 10 Downing Street confirms.

Coronavirus live news: Boris Johnson required to self-isolate | World news | The Guardian

(The original source Johnson self-isolating after COVID-19 contact
    | Article [AMP]
    | Reuters
    )
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

He's already had it, so he doesn't have to quarantine again, surely?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      No reliable evidence that having had it grants immunity, so yes he does.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

pity its not permanent self isolation
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

If he still has antibodies then he may not get (as) ill if he does contract CV19 again, but that doesn't mean he won't still be a carrier and pass the virus on. As DaveB says, no certain evidence yet on this so isolation is the safe option for all involved.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            No reliable evidence that having had it grants immunity, so yes he does.
            Then why are billions being spent on a vaccine, if antibodies are no good?

Edit: Whorty's answered this, it didn't occur to me that he can still be a spreader.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The plague carrier is Ashfield MP Lee Anderson according to the Beeb.

Comment

Or they just want to keep him quiet while they sort out all the internal tulip, oh, and a compromise on the trade deal (or another extension)

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  The plague carrier is Ashfield MP Lee Anderson according to the Beeb.
                  Not a parting gift from DC then...

Comment

Not a parting gift from DC then...
                    I was thinking that's the real reason DC left so there was no tulip when he broke lockdown again....

Comment

Working...
                    X