• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOM: Covid Vaccine Number 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    To get the exact figure you'd have to know how many participants in each group, it might not be the same. I haven't seen how many, not sure if that information is out there.
    May be more information on this link -

https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/16/mo...rXwIMpzY53ChRy
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
      I'm no maths genius, but 94.5% effacacy would mean 4.725 people didn't get the 'rona after taking it, wouldn't it?

How'd they figure that out?
      BBC explains it better Moderna: Covid vaccine shows nearly 95% protection - BBC News

The trial involved 30,000 people in the US with half being given two doses of the vaccine, four weeks apart. The rest had dummy injections.
      The analysis was based on the first 95 to develop Covid-19 symptoms.
      Only five of the Covid cases were in people given the vaccine, 90 were in those given the dummy treatment. The company says the vaccine is protecting 94.5% of people.
      The data also shows there were 11 cases of severe Covid in the trial, but none happened in people who were immunised.

Comment

Damn, see I would feel really reluctant to take a vaccine that has been tested on 5 people. I thought maybe a trial would be a few hundred? Maybe a thousand?

I had no idea that gave it to 15,000 people as a test! That's a bit more reassuring. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Which vaccine has the microchips in it?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Which vaccine has the microchips in it?

The one that will link us to 5G...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The one that will link us to 5G...
              That's how Bill Gates will know what we're thinking? Or something...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X