• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Four Day Working Week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four Day Working Week

WTF?
    Four-day week 'could help economy recover from Covid crisis' | Metro News

Business figures, trade union leaders and left-wing politicians from across Europe have joined forces to demand shorter working hours and no wage cuts. A letter to leaders of the UK, US, Germany, Spain, New Zealand and the Republic of Ireland says: ‘Throughout history, shorter working hours have been used during times of crisis and economic recession as a way of sharing work more equally across the economy between the unemployed and the overemployed. We believe they should be deployed again now to help deal with the economic fallout of the pandemic
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

trade union leaders and left-wing politicians
    You know if a paragraph starts with this whatever comes after is going to be a waste of internet space.....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You know if a paragraph starts with this whatever comes after is going to be a waste of internet space.....
      Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

Means I'll have to work at least 50% more, bastards
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Pot, meet kettle.
          I'm just providing expert testimony....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I miss the reduced hours we had for a short while at ClientCo. The three day working week very much suited me but I could force myself to suffer four days if I had to.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              WTF?
              Four-day week 'could help economy recover from Covid crisis' | Metro News

Business figures, trade union leaders and left-wing politicians from across Europe have joined forces to demand shorter working hours and no wage cuts. A letter to leaders of the UK, US, Germany, Spain, New Zealand and the Republic of Ireland says: ‘Throughout history, shorter working hours have been used during times of crisis and economic recession as a way of sharing work more equally across the economy between the unemployed and the overemployed. We believe they should be deployed again now to help deal with the economic fallout of the pandemic
              Replace Boris with an unemployed person one day a week? What could possibly go wrong (or even right)...?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I miss the reduced hours we had for a short while at ClientCo. The three day working week very much suited me but I could force myself to suffer four days if I had to.
                Me too, had 25 hours over the summer was a really good balance. Now back to 40+ and feel like I have no time!
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Shorter working weeks has been a goal of unions and left-leaning parties for years. The far-left aren't fans though - they want you working 120 hour weeks when you're in the gulag.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Replace Boris with an unemployed person one day a week? What could possibly go wrong (or even right)...?
                    I suspect the unemployed person would be much better.

Remember the story of the guy who conned his way to be leader of a Trust and was done for fraud but didn't have to pay his salary back because he was good at the role?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X