• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Courts not taking any crap from Donald.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Trump and his team tried to rig the vote, and still lost. This is what is confusing him; how can he have tried to cheat and still lost As SE says, he doesn't get that the majority of people just don't like him.

a slim majority don't like him. Good or bad its the truth.
    Last edited by vetran; 17 November 2020, 13:54. Reason: don't - thanks SueEllen
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      This would be the radio broadcaster who said this after the election:
      Thats the fella
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        a slim majority like him. Good or bad its the truth.
        No a majority don't like him - including Republicans - or don't care - they just won't vote Democrat whatever happens.

A minority like him.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          No a majority don't like him - including Republicans - or don't care - they just won't vote Democrat whatever happens.

A minority like him.
          Same as Tory voters in the UK then, who justify everything by saying 'ah but ...but....the lefties'....

If a Tory came and stuck a hedgehog on a stick up their arses they'd still claim Corbyn would have used a porcupine...
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Still a majority of US voters, so I was factually correct. And we don't know how much Trump's gaming impacted the vote to make it closer than it otherwise would have been.

There are also the billions of none US voters around the world who also don't like him, so I'm guessing it's not as 'slim' as you'd like to believe
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              A minority like him.
              A pretty sizeable minority though. "Minority" can be mis-used to suggest it's some tiny group but 49% is a minority. In Donald's case tens of millions of people strongly agree with him even if many of those don't like his public persona - I'm not talking those who begrudgingly vote for him as the red candidate, but regular normal Americans who genuinely believe he's doing a good job on the economy, jobs, immigration.

Among Republicans, polls showed something like 70-80% approval for his handling of Coronavirus right up until he caught it, when this finally flagged a bit.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Worst result for an incumbent since Hoover lost to FDR. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Worst result for an incumbent since Hoover lost to FDR. Ouch.
                  A new record of votes received, but also a very bad result, but also the same losing margin he won with.
                  Interesting how you can argue totally different points while being 100% factually accurate. Well. Maybe interesting isn't the right word.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The Republicans are really showing themselves to be total utter cretins:

• In Nevada — a state Trump lost by 2.4 percentage points — the president’s campaign team filed a lawsuit asking a judge to either declare Trump the winner or to reject the state’s election results.
                    • In Pennsylvania — which Biden won by more than 82,000 votes — Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani was in court asking a judge to overturn the state’s results. (“At bottom, you’re asking this court to invalidate some 6.8 million votes thereby disenfranchising every single voter in the commonwealth,” the judge said.)
                    And then you have that ass Pompeo, currently in Georgia (the country) talking about 'fair and free elections' there
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Still a majority of US voters, so I was factually correct. And we don't know how much Trump's gaming impacted the vote to make it closer than it otherwise would have been.

There are also the billions of none US voters around the world who also don't like him, so I'm guessing it's not as 'slim' as you'd like to believe

Point I was making even though apparently according to the left leaning media everyone hates him and his incompetence is glaring he still turned in some pretty close results.

I find that a little scary.

It does point out some of Trump's populism is still very popular and that Biden isn't enough of a candidate to win via a landslide.

You know none voters not liking candidates abroad doesn't matter I am not a fan of Macron for instance.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X