• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Courts not taking any crap from Donald.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    You know none voters not liking candidates abroad doesn't matter I am not a fan of Macron for instance.
    Probably the best thing about the Trump years was that he insulted people who thoroughly deserved derision. I'm going to miss the entertainment.
    Last edited by TwoWolves; 18 November 2020, 16:53.

Comment

Point I was making even though apparently according to the left leaning media everyone hates him and his incompetence is glaring he still turned in some pretty close results.

I find that a little scary.

It does point out some of Trump's populism is still very popular and that Biden isn't enough of a candidate to win via a landslide.

You know none voters not liking candidates abroad doesn't matter I am not a fan of Macron for instance.
      Biden was chosen because he was inoffensive. What does Biden stand for apart from being boring?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Point I was making even though apparently according to the left leaning media everyone hates him and his incompetence is glaring he still turned in some pretty close results.

I find that a little scary.

It does point out some of Trump's populism is still very popular and that Biden isn't enough of a candidate to win via a landslide.

The US has the same problem we have .... a large number of voters still vote for the colour of the rosette / flag and not the candidate, leaving a divided 2 party state. Trump has raised a fanatical base now which is a danger to the reasonable side of the US but I do think (and I could be completely wrong) that these are still a minority.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Biden was chosen because he was inoffensive. What does Biden stand for apart from being boring?
          He's a determined moderate with strong views on climate change and Obamacare. Not sure if that's it.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

What's sad is the idea being spread that US elections are as trustworthy as those of, eg. Belorus.

Way to strengthen the real enemies of democracy. Well done!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              A safe pair of hands before he steps down and let's Kamala Harris run the show in the last two years of his presidency. US rules would allow her to run for president in two elections still if that happens. No way will he run for two terms, he would be 87 by the end of the second term.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                A safe pair of hands before he steps down and let's Kamala Harris run the show in the last two years of his presidency. US rules would allow her to run for president in two elections still if that happens. No way will he run for two terms, he would be 87 by the end of the second term.
                For people interested in ancient history, it strikes me as similar to the accession of Emperor Nerva at the age of 65 (and childless), after the tyranny of Domitian.

Nerva - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

I'm thinking "Weekend at Bernies" style presidency.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    Probably the best thing about the Trump years was that he insulted people who thoroughly deserved derision. I'm going to miss the entertainment.
                    Just enjoy the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                      Indeed, hail Kim Jong-Un, great bloke.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X