• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMG pays Jewellery designer £21,000,000 as go-between for PPE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Spanish businessman who acted as a go-between to secure protective garments for NHS staff in the coronavirus pandemic was paid $28m (£21m) in UK taxpayer cash.

The consultant had been in line for a further $20m of UK public funds, documents filed in a US court reveal.

The legal papers also reveal the American supplier of the PPE called the deals "lucrative".

The Department for Health was asked for comment but did not respond in time.

A legal dispute playing out in the courts in Miami has helped shine a light on the amount of money some companies have made supplying the NHS with equipment to protect staff from Covid infection.
    Go-between paid GBP21m in taxpayer funds for NHS PPE - BBC News
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

I saw that and thought why am I too honest....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm trying to figure out why it's in the US courts. I guess one party is based there?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I'm trying to figure out why it's in the US courts. I guess one party is based there?

Maybe Bojo's ex IT "Tutor" is involved?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Pah, 21 million is nowt out of the £18 BILLION spent on dodgy covid related contracts mostly to companies without needing to tender (for competition) or having links to people in government.

Covid spending: Watchdog finds MPs' contacts were given priority

It found more than 8,600 coronavirus contracts had been awarded by 31 July, ranging in value from less than £100 to £410m.

Of these, £10.5bn-worth (58%) were awarded directly without a competitive tender process.
          The NAO looked in detail at 20 contracts including:

A deal with research firm Public First, whose owners had "previously advised or worked with" Cabinet minister Michael Gove.
          Artificial intelligence company Faculty, which was awarded contracts worth almost £3m. Cabinet Office minister Lord Agnew owned a £90,000 stake in the firm but has since relinquished it.
          Ayanda Capital supplied 50 million masks that could not be used for their original purpose at a cost of £155m. The deal was brokered by a businessman who was an adviser to the government's Board of Trade at the time.
          PestFix, a pest control company, was given contracts worth £350m, which included delivery of 600,000 masks which cannot be used for their original purpose.
          I'm sure there will be people jailed for these dodgy dealings, just like all those bankers that caused the 2008 financial crash.

Oh well, it's only the magic money tree again. They know the world financial system is doomed, no way can the national debts be repaid, so may as well extract as much as quickly as possible so the MPs and their mates can turn it into hard assets before the big bang.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I'll repeat myself...

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Have a play on My Little Crony...

My Little Crony
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In China, they would be hanged for such corruption.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                In China, they would be hanged for such corruption.
                I thought the approved Chinese method was a bullet through the back of the neck & you pay for the bullet.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

They'll just claim incompetence, which will work as they are generally incompetent in their job. Now we know why, plausible deniability, so they act the clown while bunging a bob to their boys club knowing they'll receive well paid sleeping directorships in return when they leave parliament.

In the meantime they're using covid as an excuse to restrain freedom so it won't be long before threads like this are illegal for scaremongering.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I thought the approved Chinese method was a bullet through the back of the neck & you pay for the bullet.
                    Yes, you are partly right

Capital punishment in China - Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                    X