• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You lousy haggard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You lousy haggard

Nooooooooooooooo!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-New-York.html

BBC Radio 1 BANS presenters from playing uncensored version of Christmas favourite Fairytale of New York because of its 'offensive language'

• Presenters for BBC Radio 1 must play an edited version of Fairytale of New York
    • Track changes 'f****t' for 'haggard' and mutes the word 'sl*t' from another lyric
    • Insider said boss decided to change as younger listeners not familiar with song
    Sorry its the song that means XMAS to me.

Can we expect the same treatment for RAP songs?

50 Violent Rap Lyrics That Will Make You Cringe - XXL

Good job I don't listen to radio 1.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Evidently no-one at R1 knows that a cheap lousy faggot is one that's not been made by a reputable company, comprising a higher proportion of lips and ringpieces.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Evidently no-one at R1 knows that a cheap lousy faggot is one that's not been made by a reputable company, comprising a higher proportion of lips and ringpieces.

I think there is a higher proportion of ringpieces in R1 than many other stations.

Comment

It's the annual "BBC bans Christmas" stories. Good fodder for the Wail, detracts from the £16bn being spent on defence when we have no money to help children or contractors
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Nooooooooooooooo!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-New-York.html

Sorry its the song that means XMAS to me.

Can we expect the same treatment for RAP songs?

50 Violent Rap Lyrics That Will Make You Cringe - XXL

Good job I don't listen to radio 1.
          What's the betting there's a campaign on Twatter to get it to number 1 so they have to play it?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            It's the annual "BBC bans Christmas" stories. Good fodder for the Wail, detracts from the £16bn being spent on defence when we have no money to help children or contractors
            WWI Inventions, From Pilates to Zippers, That We Still Use Today - HISTORY

War spending and exploration drive ingenuity & creativity. If we spend it on R&D then it will repay with dividends. If we just buy American etc weapons not so much.

Comment

WWI Inventions, From Pilates to Zippers, That We Still Use Today - HISTORY

War spending and exploration drive ingenuity & creativity. If we spend it on R&D then it will repay with dividends. If we just buy American etc weapons not so much.
              What a load of bollox. Many so-called war inventions were well under way prior to WW2. Furthermore, no invention is worth the death and destruction of war. The only people to gain are the heads of states and arms manufactures.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

How to trigger a snowflake - tell them a radio station they don't listen to, which is supposed to play the latest music, is choosing not to play a 40 year old song. Make it into a big story.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  What a load of bollox. Many so-called war inventions were well under way prior to WW2. Furthermore, no invention is worth the death and destruction of war. The only people to gain are the heads of states and arms manufactures.

As these were WWI inventions I would hope so. Inventions continued during peace time to improve our chances of winning a war

Comment

As these were WWI inventions I would hope so. Inventions continued during peace time to improve our chances of winning a war
                    As is winning the war in Iraq, Libya, Serbia etc and running away from the Turkish invasion of Cyprus...
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X