• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Supermarkets Are Dangerous

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Supermarkets Are Dangerous

Apparently, the most popular place to catch Covid according to "NHS" Track 'n' Trace data.

COVID-19: Supermarkets most common exposure setting for catching coronavirus in England, latest data suggests | UK News | Sky News

blah blah

Proportion of all common locations reported in PHE data:
    • Supermarket - 18.3%
    • Secondary school - 12.7%
    • Primary school - 10.1%
    • Hospital - 3.6%
    • Care home - 2.8%
    • College - 2.4%
    • Warehouse - 2.2%
    • Nursery preschool - 1.8%
    • Pub or bar - 1.6%
    • Hospitality - 1.5%
    • University - 1.4%
    • Manufacture engineering - 1.4%
    • Household fewer than five - 1.2%
    • General practice - 1.1%
    • Gym - 1.1%
    • Restaurant or cafe - 1.0%

In the most recent week, 124 clusters of COVID-19 were recorded in English secondary schools.

The total number of outbreaks in secondary schools in England is 822, while primary schools have recorded 732 clusters since records began.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 19 November 2020, 16:13.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Apparently, the most popular place to catch Covid according to "NHS" Track 'n' Trace data.

COVID-19: Supermarkets most common exposure setting for catching coronavirus in England, latest data suggests | UK News | Sky News

blah blah

Proportion of all common locations reported in PHE data:
    • Supermarket - 18.3%
    • Secondary school - 12.7%
    • Primary school - 10.1%
    • Hospital - 3.6%
    • Care home - 2.8%
    • College - 2.4%
    • Warehouse - 2.2%
    • Nursery preschool - 1.8%
    • Pub or bar - 1.6%
    • Hospitality - 1.5%
    • University - 1.4%
    • Manufacture engineering - 1.4%
    • Household fewer than five - 1.2%
    • General practice - 1.1%
    • Gym - 1.1%
    • Restaurant or cafe - 1.0%

In the most recent week, 124 clusters of COVID-19 were recorded in English secondary schools.

The total number of outbreaks in secondary schools in England is 822, while primary schools have recorded 732 clusters since records began.
    Point of order. The Headline states "Supermarkets most common exposure setting for catching coronavirus in England, latest data suggests" and not "the most popular place to catch Covid" as the right honourable lady suggests. Furthermore, Secondary school - 12.7% and Primary school - 10.1% should be classed as "school" giving 28.2% chance of catching covid at school. You could split the states into individual supermarket chains and find out that Waitrose is 2% and Asda is 8% for example,
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      ]Furthermore, Secondary school - 12.7% and Primary school - 10.1% should be classed as "school" giving 28.2% chance of catching covid at school.
      Want to do that bit again?

(point still valid though)

Comment

Point of order. The Headline states "Supermarkets most common exposure setting for catching coronavirus in England, latest data suggests" and not "the most popular place to catch Covid" as the right honourable lady suggests.
        I wrote it from a radio news headline posted and found a Sky News Link.

Furthermore, Secondary school - 12.7% and Primary school - 10.1% should be classed as "school" giving 28.2% chance of catching covid at school. You could split the states into individual supermarket chains and find out that Waitrose is 2% and Asda is 8% for example,
        The data for schools is split due to the children's ages.

The government and various scientists are claiming either that children aren't vectors for transmission or that primary school children don't cause as much transmission as secondary school children.

Comment

There was some study in Spain that revealed dog walkers are more likely to contract COVID. I can't remember where I saw it which is a bit rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            There was some study in Spain that revealed dog walkers are more likely to contract COVID. I can't remember where I saw it which is a bit rubbish.
            I saw that as well and thought

Coronavirus: Study says dog owners have 78% higher risk of infection | Daily Mail Online

Edited to say: I didn't see it in the Fail but that's the first link I've found.

Comment

"Household fewer than five - 1.2%"

But none for "Household 5 or more". So absolutely NO-ONE broke the rules.

Typical ignorant media spouting figures to fill space without even understanding things.

All that tells us is that 18% of people who were contacted went shopping in a supermarket.
              Last edited by Paralytic; 19 November 2020, 16:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                "Household fewer than five - 1.2%"

But none for "Household 5 or more". So absolutely NO-ONE broke the rules.

Typical media-fed propaganda.

All that tells us is that 18% of people who were contacted went shopping.
                ..in a supermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  ..in a supermarket.
                  Yes, that's what I said. Honest

Comment

One would hope the chance of catching CV in a pub is very small when they're shut
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X