• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Supermarkets Are Dangerous

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually got my first contact app warning last week and the only place I had been that day was...a supermarket
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    "Household fewer than five - 1.2%"

But none for "Household 5 or more". So absolutely NO-ONE broke the rules.

Typical ignorant media spouting figures to fill space without even understanding things.

All that tells us is that 18% of people who were contacted went shopping in a supermarket.
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I actually got my first contact app warning last week and the only place I had been that day was...a supermarket

When we had the first wave and lockdown in England I kept hearing people say the only place their OAP parent went was to the supermarket, including those independent ones, but they caught Covid and died....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I saw that as well and thought

Coronavirus: Study says dog owners have 78% higher risk of infection | Daily Mail Online

Edited to say: I didn't see it in the Fail but that's the first link I've found.
        I didn't see it in the Fail either. Might have been the Slaver

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Don't take your phone to the supermarket? Works a treat for me...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Don't take your phone to the supermarket? Works a treat for me...
            Don't tell the media headline writers that - we'd be told that shopping without your mobile makes you resistant to Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              There was some study in Spain that revealed dog walkers are more likely to contract COVID. I can't remember where I saw it which is a bit rubbish.
              dog walkers = dogging and so that is explained!
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                When we had the first wave and lockdown in England I kept hearing people say the only place their OAP parent went was to the supermarket, including those independent ones, but they caught Covid and died....
                Supermarkets are a risk but most supermarkets have very good ventilation and if one is sensible, then it's a quick in and out job using a mask and sanitiser; not much risk there. Covid victims are usually as a result of long term exposure (about an hour or more) with an infected person or carrier. The best research and detective work on this was done in South Korea. One incident found that a couple got infected after sitting in the same seats in church that were occupied by an infected couple an hour earlier.

Coming back to the "OAP parent went... to the supermarket..." No doubt OAP was visited long time by family members who may carry Covid and was infected in that manner. People do not want to admit they they maybe the carriers of something that kills their own kin. After a family or other visit, everything has to be sanitised or disinfected, opening windows is a good start.

BTW, airline travel is very risky especially on newer aircraft. New aircraft do not have full fresh air ventilation in order to save fuel.

This makes an interesting read...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-korea-church/
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  dog walkers = dogging and so that is explained!

Must have missed that when I was a dog owner.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Must have missed that when I was a dog owner.
                    You have to walk it......
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Lower rates in Waitrose, which is nice...

Comment

Working...
                      X