• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Supermarkets Are Dangerous

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Lower rates in Waitrose, which is nice...
    The Waitroses in my area is full of old people like properly full.

M&S is apparently the best supermarket to shop in as generally not busy except at lunchtime.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I’d be more worried about young ones!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Try before you buy?
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Supermarkets are a risk but most supermarkets have very good ventilation and if one is sensible, then it's a quick in and out job using a mask and sanitiser; not much risk there. Covid victims are usually as a result of long term exposure (about an hour or more) with an infected person or carrier. The best research and detective work on this was done in South Korea. One incident found that a couple got infected after sitting in the same seats in church that were occupied by an infected couple an hour earlier.

Coming back to the "OAP parent went... to the supermarket..." No doubt OAP was visited long time by family members who may carry Covid and was infected in that manner. People do not want to admit they they maybe the carriers of something that kills their own kin. After a family or other visit, everything has to be sanitised or disinfected, opening windows is a good start.

BTW, airline travel is very risky especially on newer aircraft. New aircraft do not have full fresh air ventilation in order to save fuel.

This makes an interesting read...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-korea-church/

Covid: Pizza worker'''s '''lie''' forced South Australia lockdown - BBC News

South Australia decided to enter a state-wide lockdown based on a lie told by a man with Covid-19 about his link to a pizza shop, police say.

The strict lockdown began on Wednesday after the state detected 36 infections, including its first locally acquired cases since April.

But this would have been avoided if the man had told the truth, that he worked shifts at the shop, officials said.

He said he only went there to buy a pizza.

This misinformation prompted health officials to assume the man had caught the virus during a very brief exposure and that the strain must be a highly contagious one.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Charge him with tax evasion and possession of Covid with intent to infect #realpizzagate

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              There was some study in Spain that revealed dog walkers are more likely to contract COVID. I can't remember where I saw it which is a bit rubbish.
              This blasted virus. It doesn't spare anyone, despite their commitment to protection.

Comment

Working...
              X