DOOM: Supermarkets Are Dangerous DOOM: Supermarkets Are Dangerous
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    31,942

    Default DOOM: Supermarkets Are Dangerous

    Apparently, the most popular place to catch Covid according to "NHS" Track 'n' Trace data.

    COVID-19: Supermarkets most common exposure setting for catching coronavirus in England, latest data suggests | UK News | Sky News

    blah blah

    Proportion of all common locations reported in PHE data:

    • Supermarket - 18.3%
    • Secondary school - 12.7%
    • Primary school - 10.1%
    • Hospital - 3.6%
    • Care home - 2.8%
    • College - 2.4%
    • Warehouse - 2.2%
    • Nursery preschool - 1.8%
    • Pub or bar - 1.6%
    • Hospitality - 1.5%
    • University - 1.4%
    • Manufacture engineering - 1.4%
    • Household fewer than five - 1.2%
    • General practice - 1.1%
    • Gym - 1.1%
    • Restaurant or cafe - 1.0%



    In the most recent week, 124 clusters of COVID-19 were recorded in English secondary schools.

    The total number of outbreaks in secondary schools in England is 822, while primary schools have recorded 732 clusters since records began.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 19th November 2020 at 16:13.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Plague Island
    Posts
    11,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Apparently, the most popular place to catch Covid according to "NHS" Track 'n' Trace data.

    COVID-19: Supermarkets most common exposure setting for catching coronavirus in England, latest data suggests | UK News | Sky News

    blah blah

    Proportion of all common locations reported in PHE data:

    • Supermarket - 18.3%
    • Secondary school - 12.7%
    • Primary school - 10.1%
    • Hospital - 3.6%
    • Care home - 2.8%
    • College - 2.4%
    • Warehouse - 2.2%
    • Nursery preschool - 1.8%
    • Pub or bar - 1.6%
    • Hospitality - 1.5%
    • University - 1.4%
    • Manufacture engineering - 1.4%
    • Household fewer than five - 1.2%
    • General practice - 1.1%
    • Gym - 1.1%
    • Restaurant or cafe - 1.0%



    In the most recent week, 124 clusters of COVID-19 were recorded in English secondary schools.

    The total number of outbreaks in secondary schools in England is 822, while primary schools have recorded 732 clusters since records began.
    Point of order. The Headline states "Supermarkets most common exposure setting for catching coronavirus in England, latest data suggests" and not "the most popular place to catch Covid" as the right honourable lady suggests. Furthermore, Secondary school - 12.7% and Primary school - 10.1% should be classed as "school" giving 28.2% chance of catching covid at school. You could split the states into individual supermarket chains and find out that Waitrose is 2% and Asda is 8% for example,
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    ]Furthermore, Secondary school - 12.7% and Primary school - 10.1% should be classed as "school" giving 28.2% chance of catching covid at school.
    Want to do that bit again?

    (point still valid though)

  4. #4

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    31,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Point of order. The Headline states "Supermarkets most common exposure setting for catching coronavirus in England, latest data suggests" and not "the most popular place to catch Covid" as the right honourable lady suggests.
    I wrote it from a radio news headline posted and found a Sky News Link.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Furthermore, Secondary school - 12.7% and Primary school - 10.1% should be classed as "school" giving 28.2% chance of catching covid at school. You could split the states into individual supermarket chains and find out that Waitrose is 2% and Asda is 8% for example,
    The data for schools is split due to the children's ages.

    The government and various scientists are claiming either that children aren't vectors for transmission or that primary school children don't cause as much transmission as secondary school children.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #5

    More fingers than teeth

    ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,021

    Default

    There was some study in Spain that revealed dog walkers are more likely to contract COVID. I can't remember where I saw it which is a bit rubbish.

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    31,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    There was some study in Spain that revealed dog walkers are more likely to contract COVID. I can't remember where I saw it which is a bit rubbish.
    I saw that as well and thought

    Coronavirus: Study says dog owners have 78% higher risk of infection | Daily Mail Online

    Edited to say: I didn't see it in the Fail but that's the first link I've found.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    "Household fewer than five - 1.2%"

    But none for "Household 5 or more". So absolutely NO-ONE broke the rules.

    Typical ignorant media spouting figures to fill space without even understanding things.

    All that tells us is that 18% of people who were contacted went shopping in a supermarket.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 19th November 2020 at 16:46.

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    31,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    "Household fewer than five - 1.2%"

    But none for "Household 5 or more". So absolutely NO-ONE broke the rules.

    Typical media-fed propaganda.

    All that tells us is that 18% of people who were contacted went shopping.
    ..in a supermarket.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    ..in a supermarket.
    Yes, that's what I said. Honest

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    33,648

    Default

    One would hope the chance of catching CV in a pub is very small when they're shut
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •