• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QE65Q95T or QE65Q800T

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QE65Q95T or QE65Q800T

What new TV?

I like the Samsung as the LG OLED is actually too thin and looks warped to my eye

Should I go 4K with the QE65Q95T with the invisible one connect cable or 8K splendour with the QE65Q800T, both on the wall connected to separate 5.1 surround and I sit ~5m away? Only £300 difference to upgrade to 8K although its not the top 8K they sell.

Phone up Richer Sounds and ask them.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Don’t waste money on 8k

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        What new TV?

I like the Samsung as the LG OLED is actually too thin and looks warped to my eye

Should I go 4K with the QE65Q95T with the invisible one connect cable or 8K splendour with the QE65Q800T, both on the wall connected to separate 5.1 surround and I sit ~5m away? Only £300 difference to upgrade to 8K although its not the top 8K they sell.
        I went through this angst in 2019 - OLED vs QLED and the only QLED that impressed was Samsung 8k flagship model but it was a serious amount of money so I went for a Panny 65" OLED (which is a LG panel anyway)

Comment

I'm following the advice of AtW

8K upscaling may be good but its an awful lot of extra pixels to invent and 8K content won't be around in quantity for a while. I can also get the 4K model with the wall mount included and the one connect box makes for a neat installation and no doubt should be able to bag a deal next Friday

Comment

For 5 meters away - consider bigger than 65’’ model...

Comment

It's a fine call because it's very little money extra but I'd personally stick with the 4k one. No content out for 8k yet so I want something that's designed for what is out there, not designed ahead of its' time if that makes sense. Probably completely wrong but it's what I think.

One thing I don't get though... What's all this 65" nonsene? INKSPE... begone to mumsnet with you and take your tiny tellys with you....

QE85Q950TS or GTFO
              Last edited by northernladuk; 20 November 2020, 11:57.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                What new TV?

INKSPE 5 metres away you watching in the Butlers accommodation?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  INKSPE 5 metres away you watching in the Butlers accommodation?
                  I don't think it's the telly he's watching in the Butler's quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I don't think it's the telly he's watching in the Butler's quarters.
                    He’s already got 4k cameras with night filters installed there, now he needs a good “monitor” for it...

Comment

Working...
                    X