Scooter DOOM - police report! Scooter DOOM - police report!
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Banned

AtW is always on top

Default Scooter DOOM - police report!

“ Met police report 700pc increase in e-scooter collisions

A surge in interest in the new form of transport has been accompanied with a rise in crime and collisions

London has seen a 700pc increase in collisions between illegal electric scooters, which can travel at up to 70mph, despite attempts to crack down on their use.

The Met Police said there were 32 reported e-scooter accidents in 2018, up from just four a year earlier. To date 268 e-scooters have been seized while 604 people have been given warnings.

The "silent" and "dangerous" vehicles are also being used to commit crimes. Since July, more 290 crimes involving e-scooters have been reported, including robbery, assault and theft.

"Three people have been killed nationally now and it really is my fear, with unqualified people driving unroadworthy vehicles that we're going to see more deaths and more serious injuries,” said Chief Superintendent Simon Ovens, of the Met’s Road and Transport Policing Command.“

Met police report 700pc increase in e-scooter collisions

Fingers like lightning

TheGreenBastard is NOT a disguised employee

700% in a year? Clearly overbought, I'm gonna open a short position.

Super poster

_V_ - scorchio!

3 dead out of 70,000,000 makes it the safest form of transport ever.

Hopefully Green Boris will ban cars and enforce electric rollerblades for everyone.

I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

More time posting than coding

FIERCE TANK BATTLE has more data than eek

I believe the european trials produced results that said they were deathtraps, and that 90% of serious injuries on e-scooters were to the face, presumably because they pitch forward and smash your teeth in.

Nice But Dim

DaveB is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    “ Met police report 700pc increase in e-scooter collisions

A surge in interest in the new form of transport has been accompanied with a rise in crime and collisions

London has seen a 700pc increase in collisions between illegal electric scooters, which can travel at up to 70mph, despite attempts to crack down on their use.

The Met Police said there were 32 reported e-scooter accidents in 2018, up from just four a year earlier. To date 268 e-scooters have been seized while 604 people have been given warnings.

The "silent" and "dangerous" vehicles are also being used to commit crimes. Since July, more 290 crimes involving e-scooters have been reported, including robbery, assault and theft.

"Three people have been killed nationally now and it really is my fear, with unqualified people driving unroadworthy vehicles that we're going to see more deaths and more serious injuries,” said Chief Superintendent Simon Ovens, of the Met’s Road and Transport Policing Command.“

Met police report 700pc increase in e-scooter collisions

3 deaths since 2018 with no context around the number, 5 people day are killed by cars but he's worried about scooters.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

My post count is Majestic

vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

I see dead people...
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

My post count is Majestic

SueEllen is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    3 deaths since 2018 with no context around the number, 5 people day are killed by cars but he's worried about scooters.
    The police don't like them as people can use them as another way of transport to dodge them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Godlike

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    The police don't like them as people can use them as another way of transport to dodge them.
    Who've you asked?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    obviously you bought an e-scooter
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Fingers like lightning

edison has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Might be better than mopeds for drive by handbag thefts etc?