• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for minnie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for minnie

"Scottish Tory members say Mr Johnson’s suggestion that devolution has been a disaster has added to the difficulty of stopping what polls suggest will be a landslide victory for the SNP in Holyrood elections next May.

The SNP, which insists victory in May would give it a mandate to hold a second independence referendum, has said the prime minister’s comments showed Conservative commitment to devolution was a facade.

“Worth bookmarking these PM comments for the next time Tories say they’re not a threat to the powers of the Scottish parliament,” Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first minister and SNP leader, tweeted on Monday."

Source: Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Care to comment?

Nah. Too knackered.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Every nation gets the government it deserves

HTH

Comment

BoJo is only now realising that Brexit has given the final push to NI and Scotland to leave the union. When they do, Wales will want more autonomy and they will get it. BoJo prevented the EU from opening an office in NI to facilitate trade and his cronies are kicking up a fuss in Scotland by attempting to remove any trace of pro EU symbols from public buildings.

Little England will become just that, a poor little European country with the only power being some unaffordable nuclear submarines and a tax haven for the rich crooks. The sleeping aspirations of the return of the empire will be snuffed out.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Dibs on Sarg Potato quietly applying for Scottish (EU) passport

Comment

The only problem with Scotland is that it's a bit chilly.....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              And wet

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I hear mink coats will be cheap.... *cough*

Comment

Working...
                X