• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Anyone going to Church today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You can have 30 people at a funeral though...
    Only if social distancing is followed and the location of the funeral can support this. Else the funeral should be the size the location can support.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      However, there are stiff penalties for non-compliance.
      Unless its a travellers funeral.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        it's

Comment

Bunch of idiots. (Those meeting). They probably are into the conspiracy theories. It's fine to break the law to meet when the ban on is on the church meeting as an attempt by the government to control believers, but simply as a matter of societal protection - I'm not convinced that meets the requirements of "appealing to a higher law".

All the churches in my area have online services and abide by the rules.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Bunch of idiots. (Those meeting). They probably are into the conspiracy theories. It's fine to break the law to meet when the ban on is on the church meeting as an attempt by the government to control believers, but simply as a matter of societal protection - I'm not convinced that meets the requirements of "appealing to a higher law".

All the churches in my area have online services and abide by the rules.
            Is the collection via PayPal?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Is the collection via PayPal?
              No. Church tax. Which I don't pay because I'm not a Catholic nor Calvinist. Although they do take collections for third parties. You can donate by paypal or direct bank payment.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                And how did that end?

He got a nice look book deal out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  I am not religious in the slightest, but I find it terrible that we have ended up a country where a church must organise to meet in secret because the government of the day has banned such gatherings.
                  Yeah how dare the government try to protect us from a deadly disease. Outrageous!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    I am not religious in the slightest, but I find it terrible that we have ended up a country where a church must organise to meet in secret because the government of the day has banned such gatherings.
                    WGAS how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Or an IRA man.

Comment

Working...
                      X