• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOM: Some theatre people find new jobs...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOM: Some theatre people find new jobs...

...workout the help of that stupid government tool. Suppose it helps they weren't ballerinas!

Manchester theatre staff use skills to upgrade homes after Covid layoffs | Manchester | The Guardian

A number of theatre workers who lost their jobs when the coronavirus crisis forced live venues to close are retraining to insulate and upgrade homes as part of the fight against climate breakdown.

Stage hands, technicians and joiners from theatres and live venues across Manchester and the north-west are using their skills to retrofit homes in the region, installing insulation, fitting windows and upgrading heating systems.

The scheme was set up by Andrew Glassford, 29, who had worked as a sound engineer before the pandemic hit. He said: “I am really proud and pleased with what we have achieved, just for the fact that I have been able to get my friends work that is meaningful, that helps them but also helps tackle the climate crisis.”
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

There was an opera singer who only made a tenor last week
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

This is the reality if your job is at risk you probably need to retrain.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        ...workout the help of that stupid government tool. Suppose it helps they weren't ballerinas!

Manchester theatre staff use skills to upgrade homes after Covid layoffs | Manchester | The Guardian

A number of theatre workers who lost their jobs when the coronavirus crisis forced live venues to close are retraining to insulate and upgrade homes as part of the fight against climate breakdown.

Stage hands, technicians and joiners from theatres and live venues across Manchester and the north-west are using their skills to retrofit homes in the region, installing insulation, fitting windows and upgrading heating systems.

The scheme was set up by Andrew Glassford, 29, who had worked as a sound engineer before the pandemic hit. He said: “I am really proud and pleased with what we have achieved, just for the fact that I have been able to get my friends work that is meaningful, that helps them but also helps tackle the climate crisis.”
        Chris Grayling?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X