• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection

"Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection

The coronavirus vaccine developed by the University of Oxford stops 70% of people developing Covid symptoms, a large-scale trial shows.

It is both a triumph and a disappointment after vaccines by Pfizer and Moderna showed 95% protection.

However, the Oxford jab is far cheaper, and is easier to store and get to every corner of the world than the other two.

So it will still play a significant role in tackling the pandemic, if it is approved by regulators.

There is also intriguing data that suggests perfecting the dose could increase protection up to 90%."

Source: Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection - BBC News

Looks like 5G nanoparticle mRNA will rule the human race, no chance for Planet of Apes now...

So 70% is what's normally expected from normal flu vaccines, which is why mRNA results were surprisingly better and the real funny part is that Russian "vaccine" was claimed to be 92% effective after Pfizer released data of 90%+, the fun part being is that Russian "vaccine" is also based on adenovirus (only human, rather than garden monkey variety), so it seems more likely that its efficiency is likely to be in 70% region, which kind of re-inforces the obvious - Russian Govt are pathological liars, just like Trump and Boris.

Hail Great Leader Put1n!

Comment

I suspect there will be a need for a yearly COVID-n vaccine alongside the yearly FLU-n vaccine that all governments have to play "guess the prevelant strain" and hope to buy the right one.

We get reinfected with colds all the time due to viral mutation, I can't see the COVID virus being any different in that respect. We won't eradicate it; we have to learn to live with it.

Comment

SARS2 more stable so far, plus after 9 months of this tulip there are very few confirmed reinfections

With mRNA platform proven to work safely it will help deliver variations of the vaccine much quicker

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          "There is also intriguing data that suggests perfecting the dose could increase protection up to 90%."
          Erm, something not quite right here...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I suspect there will be a need for a yearly COVID-n vaccine alongside the yearly FLU-n vaccine that all governments have to play "guess the prevelant strain" and hope to buy the right one.

We get reinfected with colds all the time due to viral mutation, I can't see the COVID virus being any different in that respect. We won't eradicate it; we have to learn to live with it.
            Never had a flu jab so presumably won't need a COVID one then...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

"Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection

The coronavirus vaccine developed by the University of Oxford stops 70% of people developing Covid symptoms, a large-scale trial shows.

It is both a triumph and a disappointment after vaccines by Pfizer and Moderna showed 95% protection.

However, the Oxford jab is far cheaper, and is easier to store and get to every corner of the world than the other two.

So it will still play a significant role in tackling the pandemic, if it is approved by regulators.

There is also intriguing data that suggests perfecting the dose could increase protection up to 90%."

Source: Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection - BBC News

Looks like 5G nanoparticle mRNA will rule the human race, no chance for Planet of Apes now...
              Key bit here for me is "from developing symptoms". What about "from being infected and passing the infection on"?

Comment

So 70% is what's normally expected from normal flu vaccines
                No it's better.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Key bit here for me is "from developing symptoms". What about "from being infected and passing the infection on"?
                  That might take another year to figure out...

Comment

70% sounds good enough to me. I'll be getting it if it means I can go on holiday again

Comment

Working...
                    X