• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoJos Winter Covid Plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    French fishermen.

Back to your sexual fantasies again? Looking forward to sucking a fisherman's friend again?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Nope.

Seen lots of people breaking them. All thanks to Cummings....
      Gosh, in your rush to be sanctimonious you're now posting about people breaking rules before they're even in place. Or perhaps you didn't understand this is a thread about the winter plan, i.e. what happens once lockdown is lifted.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Any suggestions for what excuse BoJo will make for the infection spike in January
        I don't remember him making excuses for spikes before, he accepted people aren't following the rules.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I don't remember him making excuses for spikes before, he accepted people aren't following the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

He doesn't make excuses or apologies.

Saying "people aren't following the rules" relates to "government makes vague rules with catchy phrases"

Government: "Eat out to help out"
            Action: People eat out
            Result: Increase in spread of the virus
            Government: People didn't follow the rules.

etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Back to your sexual fantasies again? Looking forward to sucking a fisherman's friend again?
              What was THAT all about?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                And there is a floodgate about to open as well. It's not like we are plodding on like before the lockdown. The whole country is on the starting blocks to do everything allowed which is exactly what has sent the figure soaring. It's ******* ridiculous. We come out of a month lock down with numbers falling so we re-open everything that caused the numbers to rise, twice!! What the **** is that about? Sounds like he's gambling on vaccines being around to stem the next growth in cases in 3 months time.
                Boris simply doesn't have the stones to stand up and say "Christmas is cancelled". It is obvious idiocy of the highest order to suddenly allow people from across the country to spends hours or days inside with each other, just as case numbers are starting to fall and we are within a month or two of the vaccine (for the most vulnerable). Yet another example of Bojo's total lack of leadership qualities.

Anyway I've just told my Dad (84) that I won't be dragging the fam up to see him until he has had the vaccine, hopefuly enough others will do similar.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
                  Boris simply doesn't have the stones to stand up and say "Christmas is cancelled". It is obvious idiocy of the highest order to suddenly allow people from across the country to spends hours or days inside with each other, just as case numbers are starting to fall and we are within a month or two of the vaccine (for the most vulnerable). Yet another example of Bojo's total lack of leadership qualities.

Anyway I've just told my Dad (84) that I won't be dragging the fam up to see him until he has had the vaccine, hopefuly enough others will do similar.
                  Coronavirus latest: Boris Johnson says the UK might be '''back to normal by Christmas'''

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

But he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. You gotta feel for him a bit. If he stands up and says that the country will be up in arms, if he lets it happen a lesser number of people will be up in arms but more people will die and this will continue on.

It's not just him, there isn't a single country in the world who's govt is getting it right, whatever that must look like. So no point blaming Boris really is it. It would be whoever is in charge in whatever country in the world.

He can't win, poor bastard.

EDIT :
                    Ah.. Ok ok you are right, what a tosser.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      But he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. You gotta feel for him a bit. If he stands up and says that the country will be up in arms, if he lets it happen a lesser number of people will be up in arms but more people will die and this will continue on.

It's not just him, there isn't a single country in the world who's govt is getting it right, whatever that must look like. So no point blaming Boris really is it. It would be whoever is in charge in whatever country in the world.

He can't win, poor bastard.
                      He can show some leadership and do the right thing, which he regularly failed to do in the early stages of the pandemic. Of course some people will criticise. The problem is, he's not up to the job.

Comment

Working...
                      X