• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoJos Winter Covid Plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
    So he should have done the right thing - from start by not making 2nd “lockdown” end in 4 weeks, which was obviously not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So he should have done the right thing - from start by not making 2nd “lockdown” end in 4 weeks, which was obviously not enough.
      Totally agree. And come down harder on those not abiding by it as well. No good imposing all this when so many people don't give a toss.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        He can show some leadership and do the right thing, which he regularly failed to do in the early stages of the pandemic. Of course some people will criticise. The problem is, he's not up to the job.
        Quite possibly but the same could be said for every leader of every other country as well surely?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I don't remember him making excuses for spikes before, he accepted people aren't following the rules.
          Are you a BoJo fanboy?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Quite possibly but the same could be said for every leader of every other country as well surely?
            No.

Boris Johnson boasted of shaking hands on day Sage warned not to | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
              Anyway I've just told my Dad (84) that I won't be dragging the fam up to see him until he has had the vaccine, hopefully enough others will do similar.
              If you PM me his number, I'll give him a call too.

Comment

Here is how Italy does it -

Italy's ski resorts in revolt as government says there will be no Christmas on the slopes

Comment

When I awoke from Lockdown

And there is a floodgate about to open as well. It's not like we are plodding on like before the lockdown. The whole country is on the starting blocks to do everything allowed which is exactly what has sent the figure soaring. It's ******* ridiculous. We come out of a month lock down with numbers falling so we re-open everything that caused the numbers to rise, twice!! What the **** is that about? Sounds like he's gambling on vaccines being around to stem the next growth in cases in 3 months time.

Not a chance. It's the same people that haven't bothered following it from the start and see all this lockdown as nothing more than an interruption to their lives. Time to start fining people to fill the coffers, not the companies.
                  It wasn't just me then who thought I'd wandered into some kind of waking nightmare... Highest death rate in a week - check
                  Winter upon us - check
                  NHS stretched to bursting point - check

Crowds back at sports - hang on what?
                  Longer drinking time in pubs - eh?
                  Crowds let back indoors - wtf?
                  Go ahead and hug granny at Christmas - this is a wind up?

What the hell just happened?

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                    It wasn't just me then who thought I'd wandered into some kind of waking nightmare... Highest death rate in a week - check
                    Winter upon us - check
                    NHS stretched to bursting point - check

Crowds back at sports - hang on what?
                    Longer drinking time in pubs - eh?
                    Crowds let back indoors - wtf?
                    Go ahead and hug granny at Christmas - this is a wind up?

What the hell just happened?

The government needs all the inheritance tax they can get!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

BoJO and plan should not be used in the same sentence.
                      He just makes it up as we go along.

Comment

Working...
                      X