• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: anti-vaxxers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Not true, although I can believe this narrative is being spread by anti-vaxxers.
    And also 'spread' by our trade-body legal team, speaking as someone who has taken advice whether our business can turn them away.
    There are many countries that refuse entry without proof of a Yellow Fever vaccine. It's not a hard leap to think countries would do the same for CV19 given the social and economic damage that a future outbreak could cause.
    Countries may require vaccination to enter but this is different than an airline refusing service, except where required by the country you are visiting.
    The UK might conceivably require a CV vaccination to enter, but that doesn't mean citizens are required to have one to live here. Equality law protects peoples' rights not to.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      FOOG
      You're "white-knighting" (to use your incel term) DoctorStraneglove again. How sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        You're "white-knighting" (to use your incel term) DoctorStraneglove again. How sweet.
        And you're confusing him with Gricer. How thick.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          And you're confusing him with Gricer. How thick.
          Maybe he's Gricer, maybe he isn't. Impossible to prove either way.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            And also 'spread' by our trade-body legal team, speaking as someone who has taken advice whether our business can turn them away.

Countries may require vaccination to enter but this is different than an airline refusing service, except where required by the country you are visiting.
            The UK might conceivably require a CV vaccination to enter, but that doesn't mean citizens are required to have one to live here. Equality law protects peoples' rights not to.
            Airlines are businesses so they can set many of their own rules, within certain boundaries; for example, they can choose to not allow on their aircraft people who are drunk. It's only a small step to see them stopping entry to their aircraft, to protect their other passengers and their staff, if you have not been vaccinated.

There is also the possibility that countries put pressure on airlines and won't allow passengers to alight if they have not been vaccinated.

Given the cost so far to countries and their economies, and the loss of life, these are not so hard to imagine.

You may think otherwise. You may refuse to have a vaccine, and, as you say, the UK government won't force you to as it's not our way, but that doesn't mean you will be allowed to board a plane or boat in future.

Do send us a postcard from Skegness
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Hopefully airlines will use the biggest horse syringes for the refuseniks

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Airlines are businesses so they can set many of their own rules, within certain boundaries; for example, they can choose to not allow on their aircraft people who are drunk. It's only a small step to see them stopping entry to their aircraft, to protect their other passengers and their staff, if you have not been vaccinated.

There is also the possibility that countries put pressure on airlines and won't allow passengers to alight if they have not been vaccinated.

Given the cost so far to countries and their economies, and the loss of life, these are not so hard to imagine.

You may think otherwise. You may refuse to have a vaccine, and, as you say, the UK government won't force you to as it's not our way, but that doesn't mean you will be allowed to board a plane or boat in future.

Do send us a postcard from Skegness
                Your example is poor. Someone being visibly drunk is different than requiring personal medical records.

I see ticketmaster is going to be requiring proof of vaccination or negative test result, so I think we will find out soon if this gets challenging legally and what comes out of it. I can't see any private company being able to do this, but it's like the wild west out there right now, companies are just doing whatever they want with no real regard for law right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                  Your example is poor. Someone being visibly drunk is different than requiring personal medical records.
                  Asking for proof of vaccination is not the same as asking for personal medical record, which I believe insurance companies can do when you get medical insurance, at least I had to sign off consent for them approaching my GP, and I am 100% certian that if I didn't then they would not insure me.

It's the best way out of current tulip really - get vaccinated and this gets you digital ID that you can show when accessing a range of optional for life places like pubs, restaurants etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Asking for proof of vaccination is not the same as asking for personal medical record, which I believe insurance companies can do when you get medical insurance, at least I had to sign off consent for them approaching my GP, and I am 100% certian that if I didn't then they would not insure me.

It's the best way out of current tulip really - get vaccinated and this gets you digital ID that you can show when accessing a range of optional for life places like pubs, restaurants etc.
                    ...and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post

I see ticketmaster is going to be requiring proof of vaccination or negative test result, so I think we will find out soon if this gets challenging legally and what comes out of it. I can't see any private company being able to do this, but it's like the wild west out there right now, companies are just doing whatever they want with no real regard for law right now.
                      That's your view - time will tell. It is everyone's choice whether they take a vaccine or not, but if you are required to have a vaccine to travel internationally and you choose not to have a vaccine then you may not be allowed to travel. This will be your choice. A vaccine isn't really just for you, it's to protect those around you too.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X