• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excluded - final throw of the dice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

As I said - Sir Keith will be cutting taxes...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

As I said - Sir Keith will be cutting taxes...

Comment

Classic today

https://twitter.com/gmb/status/1331887901248983045?s=12

Chancellor puts it to bed once and for all

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I reckon these bounce back loans and top ups will lead to a huge wave of insolvencies in a few years, when it dawns on some directors that it isn't "free money" but taxable if/when they take it out of the company as income and dividends!

At least, I presume it is taxable (assuming the director goes over their annual allowance).
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I reckon these bounce back loans and top ups will lead to a huge wave of insolvencies in a few years, when it dawns on some directors that it isn't "free money" but taxable if/when they take it out of the company as income and dividends!

At least, I presume it is taxable (assuming the director goes over their annual allowance).
            A good part of Russell 3000 is barely servicing it’s loans, what the pesky odd small business would mean for the country... who knows. Probably not much.

How I see it, they wanted to keep people happy so they bought the silence of employees and self employed etc.
            Small business owners can’t cause too much damage to the ecosystem(as opposed to large business owners who received good aid) and are fairly used to how the world works, so they were left to their own means.

It was never a question of fairness, pretty much everything of capitaism is the opposite of what it says on the can.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              taxable if/when they take it out of the company as income and dividends! .
              Can’t use loan to pay dividends...

Comment

Working...
              X