• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hancock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hancock

“ Hancock appeared to partly blame Exercise Cygnus, a 2016 government exercise to model a possible pandemic. Planned when Hunt was health secretary, it took place shortly after he had moved to become foreign secretary.

Hancock said one key problem with the initial response to coronavirus was that Cygnus took as its starting point the idea of a new flu virus already being widespread in the population.

“What it didn’t ask was the prior question of what type of pandemic is most likely; what are the different characteristics of different pandemics, flu or coronavirus being two obvious examples, and can we act to stop getting to the position at which Project Cygnus started off?” Hancock said.”

Matt Hancock wants to use NHS testing system to fight flu after Covid | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Ah, the "a big boy did it then ran off" version of ministerial responsibility

Comment

Got to say that if that is an example of the Grauniad's use of English, then I'm glad I never bothered to read it. Plus what they are saying (I think) makes very little sense anyway.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Here he is...

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Got to say that if that is an example of the Grauniad's use of English, then I'm glad I never bothered to read it. Plus what they are saying (I think) makes very little sense anyway.
          Which bit? Most of it are direct quotes from Hancock
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Got to say that if that is an example of the Manchester Slaver''s use of English, then I'm glad I never bothered to read it. Plus what they are saying (I think) makes very little sense anyway.

FTFY one extra to annoy the draft dodger!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X