• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is your job on zzzzzlist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    But you have to work weekends. Oh...
    And bank holidays

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      From Jan2021 Anyone earning over 25K can head over to UK

Shortage list here

Immigration Rules Appendix K: shortage occupation list - Immigration Rules - Guidance - GOV.UK

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Woo hoo .... my area of work is nowhere to be seen Seems I'll continue to be in demand and with no extra competition

So glad I'm not a programmer, developer, web designer kind of bod
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Yes - £25k salary
        ... this ....
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

£25K seems reasonable. Keep the riff-raff out.

This is per month right?
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

One has to ask what does govt gain with this hare brained scheme.
            They will lose lot of tax and NI when high salary jobs are dumped in favor of 25k salary jobs.
            High salaried people will lose their jobs.
            its a lose lose situation.
            only winner is CEO of big companies who can give themselves more bonus.

Comment

2433, QS been on the list for years, same for many other countries: which is why they are not coming to the UK, which suits me
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Luckily we are short of Ballet Dancers and chefs its not like either are on furlough or likely to lose their jobs.
                Now remember the Ballet dancers went to the new National careers service skils tests and got jobs in cyber, basket weaving and artisan fidget spinner making becuase thats where their next jobs were and they just didn't know it yet!
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  One has to ask what does govt gain with this hare brained scheme.
                  They will lose lot of tax and NI when high salary jobs are dumped in favor of 25k salary jobs.
                  High salaried people will lose their jobs.
                  its a lose lose situation.
                  only winner is CEO of big companies who can give themselves more bonus.
                  Purpose of bringing immigrants is to depress salaries from certain industries.Whether the job is relevant for society/country I don’t think counts a lot in the grand scheme of things.
                  The essential industries: defence, research are well funded and rely on other ways of bringing resources.

I think it could be a way of the rulling class to keep control of the lower masses, keep them impoverished, keep them in debt. They work harder and complain less. What could they do instead, leave? They’ve taken care of that through brexit.

Or at least this is my paranoid take...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    One has to ask what does govt gain with this hare brained scheme. They will lose lot of tax and NI when high salary jobs are dumped in favor of 25k salary jobs.
                    Govt ministers will personally gain nice earnings after their political careers are flushed down the toilet of history.

Long term of tax loss isn’t their problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X