• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Up to three households over Xmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Up to three households over Xmas

BBC News - Covid-19: Three households can mix over Christmas in UK

Covid-19: Three households can mix over Christmas in UK - BBC News

Up to three households can meet up during a five-day Christmas period of 23-27 December, leaders of the four UK nations have agreed.

The leaders said 2020 "cannot be a normal Christmas" but family and friends will be able to see each other in a "limited and cautious" way.

People can mix indoors in homes, places of worship and in outdoor spaces.

But existing rules on hospitality and venues will remain and the bubbles people form must be "exclusive".

This means people cannot get together with those from more than two other households and, once a bubble is formed, it must not be changed or be extended further.

Travel restrictions across the four nations and between tiers will also be lifted to allow people visit families in other parts of the UK.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Once again the government misses a trick by not calling them "Christmas baubles"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Once again the government misses a trick by not calling them "Christmas baubles"
      Or getting sponsorship from Dom Perignon...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Our normal christmas is just me and the wife ... does this mean this year we have to invite 2 extra households to our home? Feck that, not having others in here eating my cake!!
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I was dozing through some blathering on the radio this morning and some opinion piece (not entirely sure due to dozing) said that it was unfair on the hospitality industry that they will have to stay closed yet people can meet in their homes.

I think, assuming I've remembered that correctly, it's far riskier to meet people in a pub or restaurant where there are lots of randoms than it is to meet with people you know and who have hopefully taken decent precautions so you're all safe.

Comment

We've decided to take a risk and have more than 3 families over for Christmas.

Luckily, there's a statue close to the house that we can pull down if the police turn up.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Luckily, there's a statue close to the house that we can pull down if the police turn up.
              We're not having 2 extra households over, so you can have one of our 'spare' households if you like.

Anyone want to take our other 'spare' household? We're open to offers, most cake based payments accepted (but not mince pies, they're the work of the devil)
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I was dozing through some blathering on the radio this morning and some opinion piece (not entirely sure due to dozing) said that it was unfair on the hospitality industry that they will have to stay closed yet people can meet in their homes.

I think, assuming I've remembered that correctly, it's far riskier to meet people in a pub or restaurant where there are lots of randoms than it is to meet with people you know and who have hopefully taken decent precautions so you're all safe.
                Hospitality will be open to a certain extent depending where you live, albeit take-out only in many areas. And as we discovered, just because you're a pub doesn't mean you can sell takeaway booze... different licensing.

The risk analysis would be interesting. In a pub you are still supposed to practice distancing and they are supposed to clean tables between use, etc, etc - whereas the Xmas stuff allows you to hug and slobber on each other but with fewer people.

I read they figured everyone is going to meet up anyway so they might as well allow it.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Good time to setup exchange to allow people trade their unused household visits...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    More than 2 families you mean.

Who are these people who are willing to spend time with you? One imagines they'd have a far better time if they met up with each other somewhere else.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X