• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is 18 months too long to be in one role?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Your cellmate?
    18 years in one contract is a bit like a prison sentance to be honest.

Comment

So is 18 months too long?

No if you are working from your home office.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

18 months isn't too long at all, especially in this economic climate. Hang in there and if you're bored then find other ways to keep yourself amused.

You certainly need to be aware of falling prey to IR35. Put measures in place to keep yourself out of client control and get a sub in there for a while if you can. I've been in contracts for longer than this and have always done my best to ensure outside-IR35 status.

Comment

16 and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            18 years in one contract is a bit like a prison sentance to be honest.
            You should be sent to prison for that sentence (sic)!

I doubt anyone can really say what is too long. In one contract, I'd had enough after 3 months, in another, I was there for 2 years and was still enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Is 18 months too long to be in one role?
              With you in place? 18 minutes is too long. Sorry. Open goal.

I'll have finished a 15 year contract this year. Admittedly many different projects and since about 2010 concurrent with other clients. Having one client is so boring.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X