Atheist arguments again Christianity Atheist arguments again Christianity - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Posts 81 to 90 of 137
  1. #81

    Permie Swiss (pending)

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    24,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    We found out that he was giving me the Last Rites as I wasn't expected to last until morning...
    So how did it turn out.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  2. #82

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    33,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    It's a great wheeze by a minority of men to keep the majority under control.
    That doesn't make much sense, when you look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  3. #83

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So how did it turn out.
    Brainstem death is a terrible thing.

  4. #84

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    33,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sociopaths like God always have an excuse.

    God’s Psychological Profile | Richard Dawkins Foundation
    Ugh, even most atheists think Dawkins is a jumped up attention-seeker. Atheism should be based on sober decision making, not being really angry with people.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  5. #85

    Super poster

    Eirikur - scorchio!

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Ugh, even most atheists think Dawkins is a jumped up attention-seeker. Atheism should be based on sober decision making, not being really angry with people.
    Why? Religious freaks are ok to be so angry with infidels they can behead them, but us atheists are not allowed to be even a little bit angry at them for wasting our time with their BS?

  6. #86

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    33,721

    Default

    On a more serious note, by total coincidence (or is it ) this is in Amazon's Daily Kindle Deals list, I happened to see the email a moment ago.

    The Reason for God: Belief in an age of scepticism eBook: Keller, Timothy: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

    I have not read it and have no idea what it says but Tim is quite well regarded, if anyone is interested in apologetics (personally I'm not). If nothing else, better to be able to dismantle your opponents actual arguments rather than those you ascribe to him - or simply understanding other viewpoints is always a good thing in my book. 99p.

    Others, including some of our more well-read atheists, can probably suggest better books.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  7. #87

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Ugh, even most atheists think Dawkins is a jumped up attention-seeker. Atheism should be based on sober decision making, not being really angry with people.
    Do you have the evidence for this statement or is it an article of faith?

    I would expect that if you counted all the atheists who think Dawkins is a jumped up attention-seeker and divided that number by the total number of atheists, it would come to less than 0.5. It seems reasonable given the likely number of atheists who have never heard of Dawkins, or who have heard of him and don't have an opinion about him, or who do have an opinion about him but a different opinion. Of course I could be wrong.

  8. #88

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    On a more serious note, by total coincidence (or is it ) this is in Amazon's Daily Kindle Deals list, I happened to see the email a moment ago.

    The Reason for God: Belief in an age of scepticism eBook: Keller, Timothy: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

    I have not read it and have no idea what it says but Tim is quite well regarded, if anyone is interested in apologetics (personally I'm not). If nothing else, better to be able to dismantle your opponents actual arguments rather than those you ascribe to him - or simply understanding other viewpoints is always a good thing in my book. 99p.

    Others, including some of our more well-read atheists, can probably suggest better books.
    Sometimes it's interesting to read these things. But TBH, there is no more evidence for the Christian god than there is for the machine elves of hyperspace, so why bother trying to reason with people who believe things are true when there is no evidence for them (except to cretin-bait them of course if that's your thing).

  9. #89

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Plague Island
    Posts
    11,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sometimes it's interesting to read these things. But TBH, there is no more evidence for the Christian god than there is for the machine elves of hyperspace, so why bother trying to reason with people who believe things are true when there is no evidence for them (except to cretin-bait them of course if that's your thing).
    As an atheist, I still think the life or legend of JC was pretty good compared with other religions.
    JC enjoyed life, and enjoyed food and wine. It spoke with fallen women and he did not preach in a church or temple.
    He was on the side of humble people. It's a pity that his doctoring was corrupted by the church.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

  10. #90

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    As an atheist, I still think the life or legend of JC was pretty good compared with other religions.
    JC enjoyed life, and enjoyed food and wine. It spoke with fallen women and he did not preach in a church or temple.
    He was on the side of humble people. It's a pity that his doctoring was corrupted by the church.
    Right ******* charmer he was.

    Matthew 10
    11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. 12 As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
    One of the reasons JWs knock on your door is to make sure you're damned if you don't heed their words. And to be fair, this is what Jesus instructed.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •