• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheist arguments again Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does God need to rape and impregnate a woman if he can just put someone on earth using one of his magic tricks?
    Of course Mary was a slut fxxking around and simpleton Joe just believed her when she told him it was God who made her preggers. And ther e you have the foundation of a religion based on adultery and lies.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Slandering Jesus Christ in the first post is surely a bannable offence?
      Can you slander someone who may, or may not, have lived 2000 years ago?

A man who, by all accounts, was born to a non-working woman, a chippy as a Dad (although not his biological dad) and who didn't do any work but swanned about the country causing trouble with his group of hippy mates.

It's a good job he wasn't born in our society, the Express and the wail would have a lot to say about him and none of it would be good. They'd probably be calling him Swampy or some such name.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Yeh. Imagine if a man chucked his young children out of the house forever for doing one thing wrong. God is good?

More like all religion is b*llux.
        It was a good way of ensuring illiterate humans not to do foolish things like eat things that gave them serious food poisoning or contained parasites.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Can you slander someone who may, or may not, have lived 2000 years ago?
          I think in order to answer this question we need to ask ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I think in order to answer this question we need to ask ...

Must watch Sliding Doors again

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Must watch Sliding Doors again
              Must give Like if liked - making this animated GIF from memory in Pain-t was really difficult...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Yeh. Imagine if a man chucked his young children out of the house forever for doing one thing wrong. God is good?

More like all religion is b*llux.
                Some are more b*llux than others. The most laughable one is the Koran says that a fly has poison in one wing and the antidote in the other wing, so if a fly falls in your drink you must push the whole fly in. As the Koran is the word of god, the it must be true. Meanwhile, millions of dollars are spent on scientists trying to prove it is true.

The Bible is different, it is merely a collections of stories and should not be taken as actual truth.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Oh dear so in the name of God you misrepresent my words and try to belittle me. The normal behaviour of the believer!

Let me get this right God created Heaven & Earth in 7 days. He gave man freedom of choice and the millstone of original sin to make things interesting. After a few attempts at in breeding, murder and then a bit of genocide or at least razing Sodom & Gomorrah. Then copying the great flood in the legend of Gilgamesh, a bit of sea parting and drowning of the Pharaoh's armies freed those nice Israelites who were slaves but are now being unpleasant to unbelievers. One assumes they were children of God he murdered as there weren't any other lineages available.

God then decides its time to hand over to the younger generation who is all touch feely or maybe not. A bit of holy adultery later and the 'virgin' Mary is with child. Off to Bethlehem and again a bit of Genocide and we have the son of God. Who hangs out with suspected prostitutes and then meets his end instead of a criminal. A bit of Zombie action and he ascends. Since then every mad despot has used God's name to persecute the poor and weak.

Combine this with the apparent manufacture of the mosquito and God looks to be wanting. Mocking him seems to be a public service.

Malaria, god and communism have taken more lives than any other causes in history, don't forget the Inquisition & NAZIs were both fervent believers. Stalin at least had the decency to just be a Psychopath.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Why does God need to rape and impregnate a woman if he can just put someone on earth using one of his magic tricks?
                    Of course Mary was a slut fxxking around and simpleton Joe just believed her when she told him it was God who made her preggers. And ther e you have the foundation of a religion based on adultery and lies.
                    Interestingly, the virgin birth seems to have been added on to the story sometime after the death of Christ; the reason being, historically gods were traditionally born of virgins.

You may be interested to read the history of religion starting with Zoroastrian, you will find that traditions and stories were carried over and modified right up until the Mormons.

BTW, I, Paddy am the last true prophet, God told me so.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      Interestingly, the virgin birth seems to have been added on to the story sometime after the death of Christ; the reason being, historically gods were traditionally born of virgins.

You may be interested to read the history of religion starting with Zoroastrian, you will find that traditions and stories were carried over and modified right up until the Mormons.

BTW, I, Paddy am the last true prophet, God told me so.

Paddy talking to God I was expecting NAPPY or WTFH to lead that charge.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X