• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheist arguments again Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    I'd like to see this proof as it sounds like bollocks.
    Augustine didn't prove it, silly. He just stated the same thing. That talking about "who made God" is daft, because God brought time into being and there's no such things as an event before time. The physicists just happened to prove it mathematically.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Oh dear so in the name of God you misrepresent my words and try to belittle me.
    Exactly what have I posted in this thread that has made you feel belittled? Or that I'm misrepresenting "your" word.. Or doing it in the name of God?

I take one post you made in a thread in Light Relief and put it in a place of honour in General for all to see and talk about. It even adds to your post count now. Touchy little fellah aren't you. Just occasionally, I'm not out to get you.

(Well, actually, most of the time I'm not out to get you. I don't care enough to do that.)
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Yeh. Imagine if a man chucked his young children out of the house forever for doing one thing wrong. God is good?

More like all religion is b*llux.
      My favourite God moment is killing the first born sons of Egypt because Pharaoh disobeyed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Some are more b*llux than others. The most laughable one is the Koran says that a fly has poison in one wing and the antidote in the other wing, so if a fly falls in your drink you must push the whole fly in. As the Koran is the word of god, the it must be true. Meanwhile, millions of dollars are spent on scientists trying to prove it is true.

The Bible is different, it is merely a collections of stories and should not be taken as actual truth.
        Some Christians take the bible literally. Some Muslims don’t take the Koran literally.

Comment

Let me get this right God created Heaven & Earth in 7 days
          And he created light 3 days before he created the sun.

Never quite understand how the old testament relates to the new, and the Christians I know don't either. The message of Christ is pretty positive but the god of the old testament is a vicious bastard.

If god is good and almighty and the creator of all things, where did evil come from?
          Last edited by xoggoth; 25 November 2020, 21:05.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            And he created light 3 days before he created the sun.

Never quite understand how the old testament relates to the new, and the Christians I know don't either. The message of Christ is pretty positive but the god of the old testament is a vicious bastard.

yeah read both and the new testament has some nasty parts.

Examples of God personally killing people - RationalWiki

This Book Documents All the People God Slaughtered in the Bible | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Using these estimates, I came up with the following grand totals for the number killed by God and Satan in the Bible:God: Approximately 25 million
            Satan: 60
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Oh dear so in the name of God you misrepresent my words and try to belittle me. The normal behaviour of the believer!

Let me get this right God created Heaven & Earth in 7 days. He gave man freedom of choice and the millstone of original sin to make things interesting. After a few attempts at in breeding, murder and then a bit of genocide or at least razing Sodom & Gomorrah. Then copying the great flood in the legend of Gilgamesh, a bit of sea parting and drowning of the Pharaoh's armies freed those nice Israelites who were slaves but are now being unpleasant to unbelievers. One assumes they were children of God he murdered as there weren't any other lineages available.

God then decides its time to hand over to the younger generation who is all touch feely or maybe not. A bit of holy adultery later and the 'virgin' Mary is with child. Off to Bethlehem and again a bit of Genocide and we have the son of God. Who hangs out with suspected prostitutes and then meets his end instead of a criminal. A bit of Zombie action and he ascends. Since then every mad despot has used God's name to persecute the poor and weak.

Combine this with the apparent manufacture of the mosquito and God looks to be wanting. Mocking him seems to be a public service.

Malaria, god and communism have taken more lives than any other causes in history, don't forget the Inquisition & NAZIs were both fervent believers. Stalin at least had the decency to just be a Psychopath.
              I always feel so dirty when I end up on the same side of the argument as Vetty ...... Nurse, nurse, I need more medication NOW
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                I always feel so dirty when I end up on the same side of the argument as Vetty ...... Nurse, nurse, I need more medication NOW

A stopped clock

I'm slowly growing on you, soon you will be attractive to women and the life & soul of the party!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Must give Like if liked - making this animated GIF from memory in Pain-t was really difficult...
                  As you don't know the difference between a question and a statement, no.

Comment

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Slandering Jesus Christ in the first post is surely a bannable offence?
                      This isn't France...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X