• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheist arguments again Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Aye, Hitler killed fewer than any actual god when the final total is calculated at the end of the universe.

At the end of the day only humans have religion yet all life has a god of some sort, i.e. the actual reason life exists which we'll never likely know for sure, unless god itself shows its face and somehow we determine it's not just some advanced species that is impossible to distinguish from magic.

God as an entity would be more believable if 'he' sent a non-human to do his bidding, e.g. a talking dog, which isn't altogether backwards.

You are sort of missing the point the estimated 25 million deaths in a far less populated world (world total 40 million during Exodus) was directly by gods hand.

Once the franchises started the Jews, Catholics etc. murdered millions. Hitler was a franchisee, he regularly used God's name to validate his actions.

The communists denounce god and have managed to murder in the hundreds of millions. that was impressive but nowhere near half the world's population.

To make God believable to me he needs to start punishing evil on earth, I can't imagine as a parent watching my children die of disease, starvation or war, that proves to me that God doesn't love his children or just doesn't exist.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

God as an entity would be more believable if 'he' sent a non-human to do his bidding, e.g. a talking dog, which isn't altogether backwards.
      If a God does exist, I imagine it'd be non-binary.
      Last edited by Paralytic; 27 November 2020, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Whereas God drowning all the babies of the world except those in Noah's household is pretty consistent with his documented behaviour. Why anyone would worship such a deity, except out of fear, is very odd.
        Why do you only count babies?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Google "Balaam’s Donkey"
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Why do you only count babies?
            God flooded the world because the population were sinners, but spared righteous Noah’s household. Maybe the adults got what they deserved but it seems harsh on the babies.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Right. Jesus didn't create us with original sin. Adam and Eve caused original sin by eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good an evil. But well done for getting the "Jesus is God" bit right.
              So why did that old fecker plant that apple tree in the first place and if he was omnipotent he must have known in advance Eve was going to eat it?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                So why did that old fecker plant that apple tree in the first place and if he was omnipotent he must have known in advance Eve was going to eat it?
                You’re confusing omnipotence with omniscience.

Comment

God flooded the world because the population were sinners, but spared righteous Noah’s household. Maybe the adults got what they deserved but it seems harsh on the babies.
                  Remember original sin and mysterious ways.

Strange the bible frowns on incest but many of God's decisions seem to make it mandatory.

Comment

You’re confusing omnipotence with omniscience.

So because he can't see the future he is allowed to be a feckwit?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      So because he can't see the future he is allowed to be a feckwit?
                      How Much Does God Know About the Future?

| Answers in Genesis

He knew about the apple tree, he knew the fruit would be eaten, he knew he'd be slung on a cross.

Comment

Working...
                      X