• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheist arguments again Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    We found out that he was giving me the Last Rites as I wasn't expected to last until morning...
    So how did it turn out.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      It's a great wheeze by a minority of men to keep the majority under control.
      That doesn't make much sense, when you look into it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        So how did it turn out.
        Brainstem death is a terrible thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Sociopaths like God always have an excuse.

God’s Psychological Profile | Richard Dawkins Foundation
          Ugh, even most atheists think Dawkins is a jumped up attention-seeker. Atheism should be based on sober decision making, not being really angry with people.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Ugh, even most atheists think Dawkins is a jumped up attention-seeker. Atheism should be based on sober decision making, not being really angry with people.
            Why? Religious freaks are ok to be so angry with infidels they can behead them, but us atheists are not allowed to be even a little bit angry at them for wasting our time with their BS?

Comment

On a more serious note, by total coincidence (or is it ) this is in Amazon's Daily Kindle Deals list, I happened to see the email a moment ago.

The Reason for God: Belief in an age of scepticism eBook: Keller, Timothy: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

I have not read it and have no idea what it says but Tim is quite well regarded, if anyone is interested in apologetics (personally I'm not). If nothing else, better to be able to dismantle your opponents actual arguments rather than those you ascribe to him - or simply understanding other viewpoints is always a good thing in my book. 99p.

Others, including some of our more well-read atheists, can probably suggest better books.

Comment

Do you have the evidence for this statement or is it an article of faith?

I would expect that if you counted all the atheists who think Dawkins is a jumped up attention-seeker and divided that number by the total number of atheists, it would come to less than 0.5. It seems reasonable given the likely number of atheists who have never heard of Dawkins, or who have heard of him and don't have an opinion about him, or who do have an opinion about him but a different opinion. Of course I could be wrong.

Comment

On a more serious note, by total coincidence (or is it ) this is in Amazon's Daily Kindle Deals list, I happened to see the email a moment ago.

The Reason for God: Belief in an age of scepticism eBook: Keller, Timothy: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

I have not read it and have no idea what it says but Tim is quite well regarded, if anyone is interested in apologetics (personally I'm not). If nothing else, better to be able to dismantle your opponents actual arguments rather than those you ascribe to him - or simply understanding other viewpoints is always a good thing in my book. 99p.

Others, including some of our more well-read atheists, can probably suggest better books.
                  Sometimes it's interesting to read these things. But TBH, there is no more evidence for the Christian god than there is for the machine elves of hyperspace, so why bother trying to reason with people who believe things are true when there is no evidence for them (except to cretin-bait them of course if that's your thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Sometimes it's interesting to read these things. But TBH, there is no more evidence for the Christian god than there is for the machine elves of hyperspace, so why bother trying to reason with people who believe things are true when there is no evidence for them (except to cretin-bait them of course if that's your thing).
                    As an atheist, I still think the life or legend of JC was pretty good compared with other religions.
                    JC enjoyed life, and enjoyed food and wine. It spoke with fallen women and he did not preach in a church or temple.
                    He was on the side of humble people. It's a pity that his doctoring was corrupted by the church.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      As an atheist, I still think the life or legend of JC was pretty good compared with other religions.
                      JC enjoyed life, and enjoyed food and wine. It spoke with fallen women and he did not preach in a church or temple.
                      He was on the side of humble people. It's a pity that his doctoring was corrupted by the church.
                      Right ******* charmer he was.

Matthew 10
                      11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. 12 As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
                      One of the reasons JWs knock on your door is to make sure you're damned if you don't heed their words. And to be fair, this is what Jesus instructed.

Comment

Working...
                      X