• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheist arguments again Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Christ:

"I created man and woman with original sin. Then I destroyed most of them for sinning. Then I impregnated a woman with myself as her child so I could be born. Later, I will kill myself as a sacrifice to myself to save all of you from the sin I gave you in the first place.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I thought this more a philosophical position, rather than a joke, so gave it a thread all of its own.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Slandering Jesus Christ in the first post is surely a bannable offence?

Comment

Right. Jesus didn't create us with original sin. Adam and Eve caused original sin by eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good an evil. But well done for getting the "Jesus is God" bit right.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Jesus Christ:

"I created man and woman with original sin. Then I destroyed most of them for sinning. Then I impregnated a woman with myself as her child so I could be born. Later, I will kill myself as a sacrifice to myself to save all of you from the sin I gave you in the first place.
          Chart, or it didn't happen.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible” (Hebrews 11:3). ‘

Cosmologist Alexander Vilenkin says the universe had a distinct beginning — though he can’t pinpoint the time. After 35 years of looking backward, he says, he’s found that before our universe there was nothing, nothing at all, not even time itself.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Cosmologist Alexander Vilenkin says the universe had a distinct beginning — though he can’t pinpoint the time. After 35 years of looking backward, he says, he’s found that before our universe there was nothing, nothing at all, not even time itself.

Augustine said that in about 400AD. There was an Italian lady physicist, who's name escapes me, who showed that even with a cyclical universe, there must, mathematically, have been a beginning. Of course, perhaps there are different maths...

Comment

Yeh. Imagine if a man chucked his young children out of the house forever for doing one thing wrong. God is good?

More like all religion is b*llux.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Augustine said that in about 400AD. There was an Italian lady physicist, who's name escapes me, who showed that even with a cyclical universe, there must, mathematically, have been a beginning. Of course, perhaps there are different maths...
                  I'd like to see this proof as it sounds like bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    I'd like to see this proof as it sounds like bollocks.
                    Seeing is believing...

Comment

Working...
                    X