• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B for Benched Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B for Benched Contractors

Dating coach Sami Wunder reveals dilemma when starting out - BBC News

A day-long session of one-to-one coaching costs the client £13,500.
    She has coached 2,800 clients in 30 countries around the world, 195 of whom got engaged to be married
    So, she's coaching executive women on how to find a husband, and her success rate is less than 10%. And she charges a fortune for this 'expertise'. I think I've just identified my Plan B
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Brexit trauma coach

Comment

"195 of whom got engaged to be married "

Seems deliberate that figure isn't broken down into how many are engaged and how many married...

Comment

There are some truly gullible people out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          There are some truly gullible people out there.
          But not 195, Shirley...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Brexit trauma coach
            To coach the Brexidiots who have suddenly realised that they won't get what they were promised? Not a bad business model in theory, but not much money to be made as they tend to be the poorer people in society and northerners

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              But not 195, Shirley...
              Naturally I'd expect more than 195 out of 2800 to be married/engaged (assuming these are successful individuals and hence at least over 25 years old). In fact, with such a low 'success' rate it could probably be argued that her coaching could actually be harming these people and their chances of finding a partner. Maybe

Comment

In fact, with such a low 'success' rate it could probably be argued that her coaching could actually be helping these people to avoid marriage
                FTFY

Comment

I hear stories of so called business coaches charging over £300/hour and delivering feck all almost every day.
                  My clients then remark on the value they for my rates.

A classic a few years ago was a strategy report for an estate that was commissioned at a cost of £50k. The consultant spent only 2 days on site.

They suggested converting a grade 1 listed building to a hotel with a modern annexe (100 beds with the rest). The sort of thing Prince Charles would call a carbuncle. No mention of the fact that there would be more chance of getting planning permission to build a nuclear power station in the back garden of a 3 bed semi in Slough.
                  The consultant did a bunk as soon as the invoice was paid and he only delivered 16 pages of bulltulip! His drawings were crap and the planning officer had a giggle.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Dating coach Sami Wunder reveals dilemma when starting out - BBC News

So, she's coaching executive women on how to find a husband, and her success rate is less than 10%. And she charges a fortune for this 'expertise'. I think I've just identified my Plan B
                    You are Date number 1. However bad Date number 2 is, if the lady is desperate enough, she'll marry him and pay up. You're on 10%. It's easy money. If I was as ugly as you, I'd definitely run with this idea...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X