• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B for Benched Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Brexit trauma coach

Plan B established.

i can fit out a room with bean bags (fully washable in case of accidents) and soft animals, play a bit of whalesong and ode to joy in the background.

Maybe employ NLyUK to provide executive relief.

Kerrching!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      FTFY

Nuttina wants a divorce then?

Comment

But not 195, Shirley...
        She’s counting Brillo 195 times.

Comment

I guess if marriage is a measure of success...

How about success being measured in terms of meeting people you like spending quality time with?

Oops, sorry, forgot this was mumsnet2

Comment

Years ago a friend of mine set-up a quite successful executive dating agency.

It consisted of group dinners in nice London restaurants. He used to call me regularly, pay my dinner to attend and just let me be my charming self.

I got a fair number of one-night-stands out of it as a perk but these women were certainly not marriage material.

Anyway, I'm taken now.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              I got a fair number of one-night-stands out of it as a perk but these women were certainly not marriage material.

Anyway, I'm taken now.
              You loved it when they removed their false teeth!

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                I hear stories of so called business coaches charging over £300/hour and delivering feck all almost every day.
                My clients then remark on the value they for my rates.

A classic a few years ago was a strategy report for an estate that was commissioned at a cost of £50k. The consultant spent only 2 days on site.

They suggested converting a grade 1 listed building to a hotel with a modern annexe (100 beds with the rest). The sort of thing Prince Charles would call a carbuncle. No mention of the fact that there would be more chance of getting planning permission to build a nuclear power station in the back garden of a 3 bed semi in Slough.
                The consultant did a bunk as soon as the invoice was paid and he only delivered 16 pages of bulltulip! His drawings were crap and the planning officer had a giggle.
                A coach and a consultant are different things, which one was it?

Top of the range Executive Coaches who coach senior execs in big companies typically charge £400-600 ph for a coaching session.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  How about success being measured in terms of meeting people on the Interwebs that you like spending quality time with?

Comment

I love a bit of "rotational dating"

Comment

I did technically first "meet" my OH on an internet forum.

Just not this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X